• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

List OSR products for 1e AD&D

I'll second grodog on Curse of the Witch Head, Red Mausoleum, Spire of Iron and Crystal, and the magazines. I haven't read or used the other two modules he lists, so I can't speak to those. I'd add Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom as another stand-out.

nedjer

Adventurer
There's no doubt there's plenty of Old School scenarios/ support out there and that this includes some decent material. However, there seems to be a bit of a shortage of sets of linked adventures/ campaign settings.

The G and D series, City State of the Invincible Overlord and a few others go some way towards offering such resources, but I'm struggling to come up with a list. Any further suggestions or work in progress?

bryce0lynch

Explorer
Tenfootpole.org has a huge number of reviews, including many of the products listed above.

tenfootpole.org | I bought this stuff and read it so you don't have to.

Hey ... I run that site! I'm trying to concentrate on new OSR modules and prefer Whimsy, Weird, Megadungeons, and long walks on the beach.

There's a lot of OSR stuff that is really just 3E with 1E stats, and I don't think that really gives a person a good feel for the 1E, Basic, or OD&D style. My picks for really good modules, style wise:

Anomalous Subsurface Environment
Shadowbrook Manor
Tomb of the Iron God
Tower of the Stargazer
Death, Frost, Doom (VERY deadly, not a good intro)
Voyage to Plague Island
Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom

Slightly less 'out there' and more traditional but still very very good would be:
The Barrow Mound of Gravemoor
Wheel of Evil
The Thing in the Valley
The Ruined Hamlet/Terror in the Gloaming
Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti
The Slag Heap
Bone Mountain
Stonesky Delve

I have not reviewed these yet, however I suspect they will be very good:
Usherwood Adventurers (some free!)
G4-9 Super Giants!
Stonehell Dungeon
Spire of Iron & Crystal

Ebonyr

First Post
There's no doubt there's plenty of Old School scenarios/ support out there and that this includes some decent material. However, there seems to be a bit of a shortage of sets of linked adventures/ campaign settings.

The G and D series, City State of the Invincible Overlord and a few others go some way towards offering such resources, but I'm struggling to come up with a list. Any further suggestions or work in progress?

Knightvisiongames.com offers a "linked" adventure series GT1, GT2 and GT3. We also offer our own campaign setting called Ebonyr

Remove ads