D&D General Live-Action D&D Shows/Podcasts: Love Them or Hate Them?

When it comes to live-play D&D (shows, podcasts, events, whatever), do you Love Them, or Hate Them?

• I love them.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I hate them.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • ...actually, I neither love them nor hate them.

Votes: 28 63.6%

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
There are some of them that I love, some of them that I like, and some of them that I want to like but just don’t have the time for. Most of them I have very little interest in. But I wouldn’t say I hate any of them. And since this is the internet that means by process of elimination I must love them.

Oofta

Legend
I have mixed feelings. Some podcasts just feel extremely artificial to me, like they're trying out their improv comedy while they happen to play D&D.

Critical Role to me, doesn't feel forced and the back-and-forth is both enjoyable and feels like a normal D&D game. With unlimited Dwarven Forge budget of course. Now if they could just read the PHB and get a better grasp of the rules for their characters! :rolleyes: Now maybe it's because they're so amazingly good at acting (see the other thread, but I don't really see it) or maybe because it's while they're very engaging and charismatic, it's just the way they played D&D before the stream was a thing.

In any case, I'm up to episode 100 something. So I may have to go trying out different streams again. Maybe one with a bit less shopping this time.

Remove ads