• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

Halford

First Post
I've asked myself the large item question and undertook a long and arduous search for the truth - I googled it. No answers were forthcoming.

My conclusion is that large weapons cost the same. I feel this is in keeping with the keep it simple attitude of 4th edition. I am also tempted to say they weight the same for the sake of ease, but it hurts versimlitude a little too much for my taste. Perhaps we could say that large weapons weight twice as much, like in 3.5.

Thoughts?

Halford

First Post
Dang straight!

On another note, would anyone mind if we said that Hadeys home was purported to be an Invisible Castle of force, or some such? I think its obvious how well this would synergize with Brudd's complain at his god shtick.

"Oh yes its alright for you in yer bleedin' Invisible Castle, but I'm stuck down here about te be cut in two. If I die I'm donatin' te Aressus next time! Ye hear me, leave Pereza alone and bloody well divinly intervene!"

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I've asked myself the large item question and undertook a long and arduous search for the truth - I googled it. No answers were forthcoming.

My conclusion is that large weapons cost the same. I feel this is in keeping with the keep it simple attitude of 4th edition. I am also tempted to say they weight the same for the sake of ease, but it hurts versimlitude a little too much for my taste. Perhaps we could say that large weapons weight twice as much, like in 3.5.

Thoughts?

I looked and couldn't find anything either.

I agree, for ease of play price should be the same. Although that only comes up when the first mundane weapon is purchased. I don't mind doubling the weight (bugbears and minotaurs will have plenty of Str anyway), although we'll need to point that out somewhere.

My major issue on the large weapon front is that the Enchant Item ritual is explicitly stated to be able to re-size magic armor, but does not address weapons. The errata doesn't address this either.

My feeling is it's just plain goofy to allow the ritual to affect armor but not weapons. I suggest we spell it out that the ritual can resize weapons just as it can armor. That still means bugbears and minotaurs have to find someone to perform the ritual, but it keeps them from outright losing one of their major racial bonuses. I mean, how many magic large rapiers or shurikens is Hrav going to find?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads