Pathfinder 1E Living Pathfinder Forum Request

IronWolf

blank
On behalf of the Living Pathfinder group I would like to request a sub-forum. HolyMan asked for one back in the start of Living Pathfinder when we only had a handful of members. A Social Group was suggested and that is what we have been using since that time.

As the group has grown I think we have outgrown a social group and would like to request a sub-forum similar to the other Living Worlds under the Sub-Forums section. Our group is now 104 members strong and as I type this we have 7 of the active threads in the Playing the Game Forum.

We use the Social Group for a general discussion area, upcoming adventure approvals, proposals for rules and more. As LPF's time in play increases and our membership increases it becomes increasingly difficult to manage with the tools available for a social group. Primarily sticky threads, mentions and more intuitive subscription options would all be useful for helping organize play for existing and new members to LPF.

I know the administrators of the site want to keep the number of forums down, but I think the group has shown it is a viable group with good membership numbers and frequent visitors and participants of the site. The tools provided under an actual sub-forum would help us a lot if it could be considered.

Thanks!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Do note that this would require the intervention of an admin.

It would be useful, then to direct these [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION] and [MENTION=114]Plane Sailing[/MENTION]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wouldn't say a forum with 7 threads is a valid one. That's generally defined as an empty forum! :)

My first instinct is to say you probably need to grow a little more, but I'm willing to listen to arguments to the contrary.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's seven threads in Playing the Game.

Ironwolf, how many active threads do you have in your social group?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I thInk there may have been a misunderstanding. Seven of the active games in the 'Playing the Game' section of ENWorld are LPF games. In the social group, we have around 120 discussions, and are maintaining a substantial Wiki page as well. We've been a very active group for well over a year now, and are still growing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In the social group, we have around 120 discussions.

Ah. Now that makes a difference. In that case, it seems a reasonable request. May take me a few days to get to it, so nudge me if need be. And post the list of moderators here.

IronWolf

blank
Ah. Now that makes a difference. In that case, it seems a reasonable request. May take me a few days to get to it, so nudge me if need be. And post the list of moderators here.

Great! Thanks Morrus!

We'll get a list of moderators posted soon.

IronWolf

blank
We would like to have the following three accounts made moderators for the new Living Pathfinder Forum:

Living PF Judge
Mowgli
IronWolf

Thanks again!

Remove ads