Living Star Wars Saga: Adventure 1: Welcome to Haon

Yabanjin

First Post
"Poodoo! It's a blinkin' Nemoidian blast door, and my link cable blew up with the rest of my stuff on the ship." Galen mutters to his R2 unit. "R2, jack into that port over there and do like I tell ya."

[sblock="Hackin' and whackin' and smackin'"]
Galen advises R2-P5 how best to interface with a Nemoidian 9X-Gamma RAID array:
1d20+8 → [10,8] = (18)

R2 uses his probe to get friendly with the door's control panel:
1d20+8 → [17,8] = (25)

[/sblock]

knightemplar

Explorer
Moving over to the dark haired main in the robes, Maryth lays down her pistol and reaches for supplies from her medkit.

[sblock=ooc]
Treat Injury (First Aid) with Medical Kit on Kered. 1d20+7=21 This will restore 7 hit points and allow him to make the DC10 Con check to come back awake.

I am reading damage threshold and it says that he would have moved down 1 on the condition track. If the attack would have reduced him to 0, then the force point for unconciousness from death.

From page 146: 'After a single attack made against you dealt damage that equals or exceeds your damage threshold, but not enough damage to drop you to 0 hit points, you move -1 step along the condition track (See Conditions page 148). If the damage reduces you to 0 hit points, you are dead.

[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Yeah. I'm testing the waters with this guy; I'm used to 4e, where most foes are so weak you need to add a few levels to do anything.

If Galen can get that door open, that's one way of ending the encounter; or if you folks can keep nailing that Crab droid. smacking it against rocks and shooting it with blasters does add up. There's a way to get down there in melee, but I'm not telling unless you folks figure it out.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: uuuuh, woops! I thought you guys hadn't gone, but it turns out I was the one not moving! I didn't spot those posts, and my subscription didn't ding... dang! Okay, 10xp to everyone for patience!

Galen: The R2 unit does indeed hack into the computer and yes, someone has for sure used a code to seal this door shut. Quickly rerouting subcommands, the door jolts. The blaster shot had melted it somewhat, so for a long second it's stuck before the force of the gears tears the doors free of one another. It's open!

Maryth: Your healing check works, with an injection of 30cc's metaphysiolium jolting the Jedi back to consciousness.

Kered: your eyes jolt open. You feel air surge into your lungs before you cough out a cloud of smoke-like-steam.

Everyone: With the door open, the patrons of the bar surge out screaming. This leaves only Maryth and Galen standing, Kered and Pinky lying on the floor.

The droid moves its gun towards you as if to fire, but moves away, towards the back of the tank. It could fire at any moment...

((top of the round! Kered, I'm going to switch you to the back of the initiative, due to the jolt back to consciousness, but otherwise you're free to act normally.))

Yabanjin

First Post
Galen and R2-P5 duck behind the door. "Soon as you can get out o' there, I'm gonna try to lock th' droid in behind us," he calls out. "You gonna be okay?"

[sblock]Sorry for the delay in posting; I just started a new job in Fukuoka and the training schedule is killer.[/sblock]

knightemplar

Explorer
Laying down cover fire for Kered to start moving towards the door or kill the beast. Which ever he prefers.

'These sights are way off, just need to focus.', she thinks to herself.
In her mind, she sees the droid being hit by the laser, and then slowly pulls the trigger.

[sblock=rolls]
to hit 1d20 + 3=18
damage for a heavy blaster 3d8=12
[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
That last shot strikes the droid just hard enough to disable it. The various shoves from the force and the other shots added up, so the structure buckles and collapses. A puff of chemicals is let out, and the crab droid is disabled.

Getting through the door, various party-goers notice your group leaving the lovely room. Also the smell of the murdered Mon Calimari. Also the screaming horde of other patrons leaving the restaurant and bumping into other patrons.

This disturbance quickly brings security guards who ask you all Oy, wot's goin' on 'eer? They seem perterbed by the rucus more than anything else.

knightemplar

Explorer
(Using Persuasion 1d20+7=15 )

"It was horrible. One of your animated displays in the fish tank killed that man.", Maryth says feigning horror as she points back to the corpse of the Mon Calamari that initially died. "When I get back home, no one from my family will ever come here again. I can't believe the travel agent called this a nice, safe place for recreation and fun."

Last edited:

Remove ads