Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
I don't know yet if I would give some effot as a judge... I would like first to know in what world we will play, cause now, we have only half a world. Looks like it will be RL with a comet... maybe having more detail?
I think the Judges are needed to approve this stuff and build the world, and then we can begin the games.

Obviously, anyone can help write, but you need some official body to approve.

Kylara

First Post
I'm not really interested in such a grim and gritty city being the "home" of the campaign, I wouldn't mind it being a city in the world where you could gm an Adventure or two, but I'd have a big problem with it being the default city that we all adventure in.

I think that we could get away with doing it as 3-5 General Judges and then 1 dedicated judge for each Area that is responsible for that area. We can wait to choose a character Approval Judge till we are ready to get started, but a judge group is starting to become a critical need.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
OK. I will put this out there then.

You have till Monday night to nominate or offer yourself to become a judge. (I will refer back to the survay if we do not get a large responce, or in the case of those unable to reply due to inclament weather). Some time on Tuesday, I will start a Poll to vote for judges, and will ask for players to vote for no more than 5. Those who wish to run, feel free to sell yourselves in this thread now.

On a side note, should I do this as a manual poll or a forum poll?

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Bront said:
OK. I will put this out there then.

You have till Monday night to nominate or offer yourself to become a judge. (I will refer back to the survay if we do not get a large responce, or in the case of those unable to reply due to inclament weather). Some time on Tuesday, I will start a Poll to vote for judges, and will ask for players to vote for no more than 5. Those who wish to run, feel free to sell yourselves in this thread now.

Remember, I'm new at all of this, so this may be completely inappropriate.

I'll gladly help out with the World Creation stuff. I've been reading comics for about a bazillion years, so I'm pretty familiar with all of the cliches.

I'm not too sure about actually running games or anything - I think I'd better participate in a game of two before I try running anything.

-Chris

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Knight Otu said:
Actually, in the beginning, 1 character judge is enough. It's when things start to get momentum that a second character judge is needed (speaking as someone who has seen the deluge of mails that a character judge has to deal with at times).

Character creation in M&M is more complex than D&D, at least 1st edition was, so you’ll need at least 2 character judges if you have more than 10 players.

Just passing through.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
I am willing to assist as a judge if needed. Plug me in whereever. I guess you can count this as my nomination, for myself, for the poll. :heh:

Bront

The man with the probe
I"ll officialy nominate myself (Hey, I said to do it).

Why me as a judge?
Other than what I hope shows up as determination to make this happen that I have displayed already, I am a dedicated and fair poster who is willing to listen to both sides of a discussion before making a decision.

In Living EnWorld, I have become the judge in charge of monitoring the Tavern thread(s), as well as offered up several accepted proposals to enrich the world through Rules Changes, Additional world background information, and additional classes, races, and gods. Of my 6 proposals that I have authored since May, 4 have been approved fully, 1 required some slight clairification after being approved, and 1 has been approved in 2 and a half of it's 3 major points, with the third one still under some debate as to some of the specifics. In addition, I have helped with the adjustment of several other proposals that have subsiquently been approved, including one feat that I offered a rewrite to that was approved as I had rewritten it.

As a player in several games, I have helped assist other players, as well as GMs by answering rules questions, offering my assistance in character creation, background creation, and coordinating the game. While I have tried to give the GM as much leway as he needs, I have tried to jump in and help when needed, even if it is simply to offer my opinion on a situation.

Outside of PbP, I am a published RPG author (well, I helped write a few sections of an admittedly small project that was mostly someone elses, but my name is out there), and have assisted other authors in fleshing out their ideas in rules as well as flavor text (I've helped thele on these boards a few times, specificly, amonst others)

As a Judge, I would be looking for potential game balance issues of new proposals that involved the rules, and be willing to listen to both sides of a rules dispute (As well as not being afraid to ask questions about said dispute if I am unsure myself). I do research the rules myself, and while perfect, and constantly adjusting what I know and how things work as I learn more about the form and function of a rules system. As for background and flavor approvals, while I think anything that adds flavor to a game is good, looking for how appropriate it is is also important, and I am willing to take the time to work with another as to how to make it relivent as well as fun and functional. As an adventure approving judge, I have helped outline and edit several moduals in current living campaigns for Game Base 7 in addition to authoring 4 modules myself, and understand how they must fit in the continuity of the game in terms of rewards, and story.

Well, that was long, but I hope it's somewhat informitive, and I hope you feel good about voting for me as a judge. And if not, I'll still do the right thing and help out those who were voted in as a judge.

- Bront

Remove ads