• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lobo's Elven Space Invader's Game

Lobo Lurker

First Post
One of the shadowed figures rises and steps out into the sunlight. It is garbed head to toe in something like black leather and fabric. A black helm with a smoky crystaline visor covers its head. Its build is not unlike that of the humanoid burning on the ground. It appears to bear no weapons or weapon sheaths, for that matter.

"I bid you greetings and peace hue-mons." It says in an unexpectedly melodic, yet deep voice. "My brother and I thank you for... taking down... our estranged 'cousin' here. We'd hoped to take him alive but, seeing as what he and his kind are doing to your kind, we understand and forgive your actions." The helmeted figure speaks Common, but not natively... he pauses at the wrong point in a sentence or gets certain inflections wrong, but overall is very understandable.

Its head moves as its looking at you all in turn. You hear a few faint "ticks" and "whirrs" as it does so. "If you don't mind our asking, what are a bunch of hue-mons doing out here, so far from civilization? It wouldn't have anything to do with that tower would it?" It gestures to the burning corpse again. "He seemed quite motivated to get inside, but the towers defenders were more than he could overcome by himself... especially after being parted from his djinn."

Another shadowy figure slowly appears behind the 2nd, both crouched low to the ground, as the 1st speaks to you.

Drerek

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
I bid you greetings and peace hue-mons." It says in an unexpectedly melodic, yet deep voice. "My brother and I thank you for... taking down... our estranged 'cousin' here. We'd hoped to take him alive but, seeing as what he and his kind are doing to your kind, we understand and forgive your actions."
Charles gives a sad laugh, "Considering what your .... cousins .... are doing to the civilized places, out here is much safer."

Jemal

Adventurer
"You are related to these.. beasts?" Kiera steps forwards, looking at them with her teary face as she mirrored Lily's question "Who are you? Do you know why they're doing this?" it is clear from her stance and voice that the princess will not answer any of their questions until they've answered ours.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Know them? No, it is more acute to say that we..." he gestures to the two, now three phantasmal figures crouching in the shadows of the tree canopy. "...know OF them."

He strides gracefully over to the still-smoldering corpse and regards it accompanied by more ticking and whirring. After a half-minute he continues, "As for why they do what they do... I really think you should ask them. I would have liked to know why HE was here, doing whatever it was that he was doing... he's dead now, and corpses only talk to necromancers so I suppose that we'll never know."

Walking over to Kiera he extends his left hand. "You have the privilege of addressing Miquient Fil'hon. These..." he says, gesturing to the shadowy forms that now number four, "...are my broken shadows, my soulless cousins, my corrupted blood brothers." He speaks with a surprising passion... as if anything he said could be construed as good or even desirable. "We come from the sea of darkness above, the ocean of stars, the desert of creation; Our cousins do too."

He walks past Kiera and approaches the Princess Jessa and the former Lord-Marshal Jeremy. "Our cousins are motivated and enthusiastic... are you sure you have done nothing to raise their ire? Whatever it is they want, they want it bad." He turns to the rest of you. "And because they want it so fiercely, it behooves my people to know why. I could... protect you... save you... shield you from my cousins. I can hide you in the shadows, cloak you in darkness; they fear the darkness... lacking the will to take it in and make it their own."

He revolves slowly and raises his arms, pointing to both Kiera and Jessa. "You two are known to us. We would make you this offer. Perhaps together we could find out why our cousins have traveled so very far and expended so very many resources simply to make war on your primative little world."

ethandrew

First Post
Anderson takes a cautious step backward after hearing this odd creature's pronouncement. He places a hand atop his head and furrows his brow, "I am so confused...this is all just so strange."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lord Jeremy speaks up. "We have no reason to believe you are any different from them. Why do you hide your face? How do we know this isn't some sort of elaborate ploy to prevent us from reaching the tower?"

The figure in black tilts its head to the side, as if considering. "This environment is not particularly suited to my kind. These encounter suits protect us from the unfavorable conditions here."

It turns to the rest of you, "You are, of course, unharvested souls and may go on your way, if that is your desire. We certainly have no reason to stop you." It produces a small silvery wand from one of its pockets. "If you do wish to ignore our offer, take this. When you are in need, simply break it and I will find you." He places the wand on a nearby stump and takes a step back. "Where will you go from here? With us... on to the tower... elsewhere? What is it that you hope to find here?"

"You are enemies of these invaders?" asks Jessa; Lord Jeremy seems outraged but holds his tongue. "What are they called?"

"Children of the Light; the People; immortals... others call them Elves." The last word seems a little distasteful to him.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Lily scowls.

"And that makes you what? Children of the dark? I'm not sure I like the talk of unharvested souls. On the other hand, if you know so much about these 'children of the light,' and we can verify you're not in league with them...maybe a deal can be struck. It's not for us to say though, not at this time."

She picks up the wand.

"But we will keep your offer in mind."

Vertexx69

First Post
Inharra leans out from behind the tower shield to whisper in her human's ear. Quandrus nods and rides up beside the princesss. "Our destination should remain unsaid, as more agents of these...Elves could be listening. Shall we away my ladies?" and with a suspiscious eye begins to turn his mount.

Jemal

Adventurer
Kiera bows to the shadowy man. "Miquient Fil'hon, I am Princess Kiera. If you are not in league with them, then we have no quarel with you, but we must look for our own solution before we can simply take your offer. We will keep it in mind, though, and thank you." She smiles weakly and turns back to the party "Yes, let us continue, good sir." She responds to Quandrus.

Remove ads