• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lobo's Elven Space Invader's Game

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Jessa grips her sister's hand tightly and nods, unable to speak, letting Keira do the talking for once. Keira can tell that her elder sister is on the point of breaking.

Lamont's eye-flames brighten, "Life? Life is such a fleeting thing... so full of memories and failures and fleshly messiness. What would life be worth to on such as I? And coin... it is base alloy that can be transmuted from even glass or summoned from the bowels of the earth. What do you have that you actually value?"

"What can you give of yourselves? What is it that you want with me? You and your family come and pester me time and time again, always disdainful and and wanting. Convince me... sacrifice for me... of gold and gems I need not. Of lives, I need not. What can you offer to tempt me from my granite tower?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Before the princess can do anything foolish, and hoping her own action isn't foolish as well, Lily steps forward quickly to stand beside Kiera and speak before she can.

"There's another race of creatures that's come to this world. They wield strange powers like, but unlike that of the invaders. They are not allies of these...elves...though, and they, like you, are interested in bargains and deals. I'm sure you and they would have a lot to talk about, and promise each other. What we offer is the means to let you contact them at your leisure."

"In short, power. Power such as this world has never seen before. I'm sure it won't be free...but you are obviously familiar with the paying of prices for power."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Shayuri said:
Before the princess can do anything foolish, and hoping her own action isn't foolish as well, Lily steps forward quickly to stand beside Kiera and speak before she can.

"There's another race of creatures that's come to this world. They wield strange powers like, but unlike that of the invaders. They are not allies of these...elves...though, and they, like you, are interested in bargains and deals. I'm sure you and they would have a lot to talk about, and promise each other. What we offer is the means to let you contact them at your leisure."

"In short, power. Power such as this world has never seen before. I'm sure it won't be free...but you are obviously familiar with the paying of prices for power."

Lamont regards Lily for a moment, his focused attention causing her guts to wrench in fear as that primordial voice inside SCREAMS at her to RUN AWAY WHILE SHE STILL CAN!. The dead magus laughs, dust and dessicated bits of who knows what spewing faintly from his mouth. "I LIKE this one, she has spirit and initiative." He shakes his head though, "The shadow-slaves have already been here. I did not take them because I could not hold them... their power is not a thing that smashes nations, but it keeps them free even as it binds them utterly. They came, they spoke they left, leaving a token behind; I do not need their help or their information, not when I have more ...reliable... sources."

"Then" says Princess Jessa, "What is it that YOU want, wizard."

"Power... but not for me; for my family. Long has your family ruled over these lands... I want them back and more. When you," he points at Jessa. "...and you," he points at Kiera "...finally die, rulership of the 12 Freeholds will pass to an heir of MY choosing of MY blood. Give me this, and I will tell you anything you wish to know and aid you in your journey."

The blood drains from Jessa's face. "No." says Lord Jeremy, quietly. "You cannot possibly renounce your birthright and give the freeholds to this... this THING of foul, blighted corruption."

Franklin & Charles [sblock] Strange... don't Keira and Jessa have 10 other siblings; why should they be so important? Wouldn't a creature so supposedly well-informed know that there would be 10 other people in line for the throne behind them? [/sblock]

Jessa gives Kiera a sidelong glance, "What do you think sister? The kingdom is already lost... I think we should accept this deal and worry about finding a way to unwind it later; lets make sure there's a kingdom to be saved before squabbling over who gets to rule it. What do you think? I leave this decision to you."

A distant explosion rocks the tower, sending several of the more imbalanced sculptures to the floors and leaving the curtains and tapestries rocking slowly. The man, the young woman and the child set about righting the sculptures and picking up the broken pieces. Lamont looks upward and mutters. "It seems my other 'guests' still have some fight in them; they will learn the folly of their arrogance soon enough.." he turns back to your group, awaiting Keira's response.

Shayuri

First Post
The instant the lich's attention is diverted from her, Lily steps back, her hands shaking so badly she almost drops the wand. Cursing under her breath she tucks it back into her pouch, berating herself for succumbing so easily to the creature's power...even as she continues having to fight the urge to flee.

Gods, it even said it liked her. What did it say about her that something like that would like her? Granted...it seemed to be in a kind of condescending way...the way someone might think a tiny dog yapping was 'spirited and cute.' Still. Ew.

The moment the undead being makes its proposal, Lily's spine tingles. She glances at the two royals, wondering if they saw the flaw in it. They had to, right? Courtiers...betrayals...they had to see deeply into things to see the hidden dangers. She wasn't sure she was up to interrupting again. It might not be so cute the second time.

C'mon, princess, she urges mentally. You've gotta see what's wrong with that...

Jemal

Adventurer
Keira nods slightly, looking the undead monster straight in the eye. "I shall give up my right to heir in exchange for your help. Know though that if you have anything to do with our deaths, or any of our family's, the deal will be void."
The Princess stands tall and firm, her trembling hand holding her sisters for support the only thing betraying her fear and disgust.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Franklin raised a finger as the princess began to speak, then closed her mouth as she gave up her claim to the throne. Moving to the side of the other princess, he whispers lowly, "But what of your other sister's claim? Something is afoul in this."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lamont nods, seemingly satisfied. "Malhogurst..." the twisted, red-cloaked form limps its way past you, up the stairs to the right and disappears behind the curtains. "Things must be dire indeed... do not think that you can renege on this agreement." Malhogurst returns with some heavy parchment paper and a fountain pen, made of mithril and obviously magical. Lamont gestures and the pen magically writes out the terms of the agreement. He then takes the pen and signs, his eye-flames dimming to the meekest of embers before reigniting as he passes the pen to Jessa. She signs with an air of resignation, which soon turns to pain as she clutches her heart. Eyes watering with pain, she passes the pen to Kiera. The pen feels far heavier than its physical size should allow; as if it is weighted down by its dark purpose. Kiera quickly signs and gasps as she feels the words of the contract being written across her soul; she realizes that it will be impossible, or at least the consequences would be dire, mortal even, should she choose to not honor the words of the contract.

Malhogurst snaps up the contract, rips it in three and passes a piece each to Lamont, Kiera and Jessa. Upon revision, each of you notes that you have a complete version of the contract itself, rather than a portion.

"Now, tell me. What is it that you want? What is it that you wish to know?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Keeping near the princesses, the adventurer's voice is low. "Knowledge. Knowledge it what we need foremost. Who and what are attackers are, the reasons for their assault, and how to defeat them. Tangible assets are of little use without the knowledge to guide them. It wasn't the Spear of Three Deaths that saved me at the Bridge of Thaningrim, it was the knowledge of where to place it."

Remove ads