Loki! (spoiler thread)

I was thinking that pruning was limited in extent — to the region so far affected by the deviant. Which ought to spread at the speed of light, although I can see the comic book effect only counting large effects and being slower.

It Seems the amount of time which is pruned before there is a more severe event is small .. just a few minutes. I don’t see how that could reach back to Sylvie’s conception.

TomB

I think her timeline purge was more serious because various spoiler articles are saying she was re-enacting the battle between the Valkyrie and Hela, as if the Valkyrie won, instead of being destroyed by Hela. And that would be a major deviation from the "Sacred Timeline" and for some reason it took them many years to get there and prune that entire branch. I am betting them taking young Sylvie was just collateral damage and she was meant to become one of their mind-wiped TVA employees after she grew up. This makes me wonder if they actually let variant timelines grow and mature, until there is someone there that they think fits into the TVA. That is when they swoop in and kidnap that person and then wipe their timeline/universe out, making them an orphan in more than one way.

I think her timeline purge was more serious because various spoiler articles are saying she was re-enacting the battle between the Valkyrie and Hela, as if the Valkyrie won, instead of being destroyed by Hela. And that would be a major deviation from the "Sacred Timeline" and for some reason it took them many years to get there and prune that entire branch. I am betting them taking young Sylvie was just collateral damage and she was meant to become one of their mind-wiped TVA employees after she grew up. This makes me wonder if they actually let variant timelines grow and mature, until there is someone there that they think fits into the TVA. That is when they swoop in and kidnap that person and then wipe their timeline/universe out, making them an orphan in more than one way.
Maybe Sylvie was born to Hela? She was cagey about her mother. Maybe her existence somehow tipped the balance so that Hela lost. This didn't redline on TVA computers until the battle, which was shortly before Sylvie was removed and the timeline pruned.

If Hela died maybe Sylvie has the power of Hela as well as Loki?

hopeless

Adventurer
I need to stop posting here.
Every time I do I just put my foot in deeper and its quite clear I'm finding the series deeply objectionable and ultimately its just not to my interest and really doesn't need to be brought up here where others just want to enjoy the series and not think too much about it!
Apologies.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
What happened to hunter B-15? Was she stabbed to death by two guards? I think that Ravonna picked up the weapon from her before facing Sylvie, but I'm not sure.

I want to love this show but in reality for me its a 6/10 so far (it keeps teasing but not really delivering)

put me down in the category of not being able to undertand what the timekeepers said.

Why is Loki so weak? with our without the collar there was no difference? (hand to hand combat average/slightly better with daggers, hes not good at convincing people although at 1 point he led an army). What happened to his shapeshifting ability etc?

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
Maybe Sylvie was born to Hela? She was cagey about her mother. Maybe her existence somehow tipped the balance so that Hela lost. This didn't redline on TVA computers until the battle, which was shortly before Sylvie was removed and the timeline pruned.

If Hela died maybe Sylvie has the power of Hela as well as Loki?
Interesting, because as they showed the scene, my wife went "Is that Hela as a child?" We didn't think about the possibility of it being Hela's child.

Janx

Hero
Why didn't Silvie kill Ravonna so Rav wouldn't be able to Prune Loki moments later?

Why was Loki kinda meh on fighting?

Why didn't B15 kill Ravonna during her fight?

Why didn't getting pruned kill Loki? Is that what really happens to every Prunee?

Why didn't Loki and Silvie jitterslap Ravonna in the elevator, knocking the remote out of her hands and letting them seize the day?

Many questions. Some of which the answer is, to make it harder for Loki.

I for one was shocked when Loki got pruned, and the idea of the next episode of the Tom Hiddleston Show not having Tom Hiddleston in it because they killed his character off would have been ground-breaking television.

Remove ads