Loki! (spoiler thread)

MarkB

Legend
I've never been super clear what Loki's powers are. He gets beaten up by everybody, but he can change his appearance (which he does rarely)? As gods go, he's never felt very godly. He's not really very powerful. But he's always been fun to watch.
Mostly it's illusion powers. He can change his appearance, anything from a new outfit to a perfect mimicry of another person - good enough that he spent months or years ruling Asgard as Odin. And the changes of appearance seem to be more than merely visual - they have physical form.

He can also become completely invisible, and project a false image of himself elsewhere. Quite some distance elsewhere, it seems - he was able to appear to be in the gladiators' quarters during Thor Ragnarok while he was still partying outside. That also implicitly includes the ability to perceive areas at a distance.

When he was incarcerated in the second Thor movie, he was able to alter the appearance of his entire cell, projecting an appearance of himself calm and collected, to disguise the ruin and despair he'd wrought after learning of his mother's death.

He probably has a few more miscellaneous tricks of magic that he learned from his mother.

I get all that. But being able to turn off an infinity stone is a bridge too far for me.....
In comics canon, the stones only work in their own universe. You can steal some from the past of your own timeline, but you can't hop into an adjacent timeline and take one. The stones control the universe, but if you're in the wrong universe, you can't control anything, like having a remote control for someone else's TV.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
In comics canon, the stones only work in their own universe. You can steal some from the past of your own timeline, but you can't hop into an adjacent timeline and take one. The stones control the universe, but if you're in the wrong universe, you can't control anything, like having a remote control for someone else's TV.
Fair....I think Marvel and others need to remember that masses have not, and never will, read the comics......they certainly are less powerful than beings, then, since beings can move around.....

pukunui

Legend
I’m definitely getting feminine vibes from the cloaked attacker at the end. I suspect that is the female Loki. Whether she is the show’s actual antagonist or a distraction remains to be seen. Based on the trailer, it seems fair to assume the two Lokis share at least a brief moment of rapport at some stage.

Remove ads