D&D General Lolth Miniature Coming In February 2022

WizKids will be selling a Lolth miniature in February 2022 for $69.99. The mini is a D&D/Magic the Gathering tie-in. From Wizkids/NECA. Join the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms! The famous Dungeons & Dragons setting comes to the Magic: The Gathering world for the first time! To celebrate this epic pairing WizKids is releasing two prepainted miniatures sets and a premium pre-painted...

WizKids will be selling a Lolth miniature in February 2022 for $69.99. The mini is a D&D/Magic the Gathering tie-in.

0E17F778-DD8E-4CDB-8B70-51733E2F2E09.jpeg

From Wizkids/NECA. Join the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms! The famous Dungeons & Dragons setting comes to the Magic: The Gathering world for the first time! To celebrate this epic pairing WizKids is releasing two prepainted miniatures sets and a premium pre-painted figure. Collect iconic heroes such as Drizzt Do`urden, Catti-brie, Wulfgar, and many more. Are you brave enough? Gather your party to face down the Dark Queen of the web herself, Lolth, the Spider Queen!

Mercador

Adventurer
Me. I would freak out. Spiders are not my thing. I'll use them if they're in a published adventure, but otherwise I avoid putting them in my own adventures. Heck, I'll admit I still have trouble looking that full-page 1e MM Giant Spider illustration.
Same. It's the movement that triggers me. Even in Skyrim VR, my heart jumps when I'm ambushed by a giant spider.

Abstruse

Legend
I've seen this a couple places around the web today, but I haven't seen what I'd call a "primary source". How did people find out about this? Was there an announcement? I can't find a link anywhere. (Sorry if I'm being dumb and missed it)
WizKids is one of the many companies that doesn't update their website as fast as announcements come out. The way it normally works is they send solicitations for pre-orders to distributors who send them out to game stores. The distributors and game stores all advertise the pre-orders, and that's what gets reported around. Sometimes they also send out a press release email with all the information but no links or anything. Then days or sometimes weeks later, WizKids updates their website with the information. Gale Force 9 is another company that does it like that, and a few of the RPG publishers do the same thing. Not sure if it's because they have a schedule for updates to their website or if it's something to do with getting the products entered into their own web stores being more difficult than sending solicitations to distributors, but that's typically how it goes.

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
WizKids is one of the many companies that doesn't update their website as fast as announcements come out. The way it normally works is they send solicitations for pre-orders to distributors who send them out to game stores. The distributors and game stores all advertise the pre-orders, and that's what gets reported around. Sometimes they also send out a press release email with all the information but no links or anything. Then days or sometimes weeks later, WizKids updates their website with the information. Gale Force 9 is another company that does it like that, and a few of the RPG publishers do the same thing. Not sure if it's because they have a schedule for updates to their website or if it's something to do with getting the products entered into their own web stores being more difficult than sending solicitations to distributors, but that's typically how it goes.
Ah, thank you! It was driving me crazy!!

If that’s what she looks like it’s not good. Wizkids is charging a premium for some bad looking minis. I saw Aveiraturace recently. Great sculpt but what is that? A wash and some brown paint for the saddle and harness??
Both of those mini's look nice to me.

teitan

Legend
Both of those mini's look nice to me.
I mean sure to each their own but for the price I can do it easier myself but I know not everyone can paint minis. They aren’t as overpriced as their Frameworks and that Tarrasque or Tiamat though so fair enough.

Prediction for 2022: Tales of the Yawning Portal 2, with a focus on the Kuo-Toa/Drow/Demonwebs sequence. They did Against the Giants in the first one, so could continue on from there, and add in other classics. Tharizdun? Tsojcanth?
I hope this comes true.

I really like the conversions from TotYP, though the Steading of the Hill Giant Chief had some logistics issues. I'm hoping they'll make another.

Remove ads

Remove ads