• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

London: Filling the Con Gap

Methuslah

First Post
Hello all!

Here I was, looking at the state of summer conventions in London. A rather sorry state, at the moment. So, I was wondering – would there be any interest in a small, friendly Con in West London, around the end of August, probably the 28th? It’d be free, run in the function room of a pub – probably around 45 – 60 people (it’s a large function room, in a very good pub!)

I’m in the planning stages now; what I have in mind is noon till ten, with gaming slots from 12 – 4 and 6 – 10. In between we’ll get some other interesting stuff. We’ll do a Used Game Auction (if only because I’ve always wanted to run one of those!), and I’m hoping to get a panel of some kind organized for the other hour.

The pub I have in mind is a nice, quiet place, with good transport links; but I think we’re going to need at least 45 people. So – I’m asking around. If you are interested, post or zap me an email at Methuslah@tongue.fsnet.co.uk. I’m allowing a couple of weeks for final feasibility; but I need to know if we’re going to have the numbers before I book the room.

Waiting to hear,
Richard Tongue
Editor, OD&DITIES

MonsterMash

First Post
There could be some interest in this from my group. We're largely North or East London based, but if the transport links are ok then it may be fine to 'go west young man'. I'll try and see what thoughts are from the others.

Methuslah

First Post
Great! Keep spreading the word, folks. I've got sixteen people so far, from various places. If you want to run a game, let me know so I can start pencilling in what's on offer - we've got a few bits and pieces already. One thing I'm planning also is to set up a boardgame table if I can, and run a couple of longish games. Thoughts welcome; I'm presently leaning to something like Diplomacy.

Richard

S'mon

Legend
I'd be interested, I expect some of my group (Tallarn, Randomling, StalkingBlue et al) might be also. Upper_Krust might be in London around that time and he'd prob be interested too.

diaglo

Adventurer
shoot. i was gonna be in the UK for August for my Gram's Birthday. but with the slow economy and the value of the US Dollar taking such a beating against the Pound and Euro. i had to cancel.

roll some dice for me.

Zander

Explorer
S'mon said:
I could maybe run a D&D or Conan scenario, BTW. :)
Hello, S'mon,
If you run a classic D&D game and it's anything like as much fun as the ones you ran at GenCon, please sign me up! ;)

Remove ads