• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lone Wolf II: The Lakuri Gambit (MS 5022)

Paido

First Post
Once she has found a moderately secure spot out of the Gourgaz' reach, Jesabela quickly takes stock of her environment. A plan is developing in her mind ...

Andrew:
[sblock]Sorry, lacking dice again ... I'm reduced to posting from a university computer room at the moment. Badly equipped, those rooms. Not even a few dice there! :\ (Yes, I admit, I forgot to take some along. Hopefully not for much longer - I should still be able to learn, even at my age! ;)

Now, back to the game: I would like Jesabela to pilfer a long rope, if she can do that without causing immediate disaster. (Should it make repairs to the rigging necessary, which could be done later, that's okay with her.) If she can do that, she would make a noose at one end (like on a gallows), thread the other end through a block and tackle (there should be some around the rigging, I guess), try to catch the Gourgaz with that noose around the neck, and immediately grip the other end of the rope and drop from her perch in the rigging. In the best of circumstances, she hopes to end up snapping the Gourgaz' neck, but even holding up the creature for some time would be worth a lot! :) (Of course, this would probably take more than one round, but that's okay with me.)

As I'm not sure whether (and how much of it) she could pull that off, here's a reserve plan: She could still use a rope for that, but if necessary, she can cope without. She'll try to pilfer one or two tackles (or similar heavy objects) from the rigging, if possible tie it to a rope, and throw it at the Gourgaz' head. At that height, the damage would probably be more ... noticable than a mere thrown dagger ... ;) And if she was able to secure that tackle to a rope, she can try to retrieve it for another throw!

If even that doesn't seem feasible, she'll have to throw her daggers and hope for the best.

Wow, that was long ... But I thought it best to tell you this way - creates less of a mess than if I started to decribe an action that would not really be feasible! :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relenoir

First Post
Hmm, three weeks with no new posts. Hope we're still playing, but Andrew hasn't even logged on at all since last month. Wonder what's going on . . . :confused:

Paido

First Post
I suspect the Real Life issues he mentioned some posts back are the reason - hopefully nothing really bad ... :\ The best thing we can probably do is wait patiently and check in every now and then. I'm sure he'll at least try to notify us should he indeed have to stop the game for some reason!

Oh, btw, there are PMs collecting dust in your box, old friend ... ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads