Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

Ximix

First Post
Ximix observes the boisterous Dwarf and the unpredictable Human as they settle their differences. When they are both happily drinking he settles in at their table.
The Elf is slender to the point of appearing anorexic if he were Human. He is dressed in fine studded leather that is unmarked. His shield however speaks of use and battle and the rest of his gear appears to have seen some wear. His gentle grey eyes appraise the two drinking across from him from behind strings of long grey hair bound with bits of black string. He is pale, and the only real color on his person is in the form of an embossed metal disc hanging from a thick metal chain around his neck. The black circle shows a thick brown book over which lies a shining purple sword.
"I am Ximix (OOC: pronounced 'Zimmix' ) and though I have very little skill with this," he points to the decorated sword at his side, "my patron Gliran has blessed me with a fair skill at healing. Given our mission, I would think it prudent to discuss tactics, or at least ideas for tactics over the coming days. Perhaps in doing so we can avoid mistakes borne from a lack of familiarity and cohesion amongst our team."

KriticalFailure

First Post
"By all means!" Exclaimed the overjoyed Monk. Waiving, he called the attention of the barmaid and indicated the request for the dwarf. He then turned to the third member of their newly formed party. Ahh good a healer, perhaps the most important person in our little group here. he contemplated. A few moments of silcence ensued, then the Monk broke the silence,"A pleasure it is to meet you Ximix, I am Munchin. Whilst I use no sword I assure you I am just as deadly as anyone in this room. I sharpen my muscles and body rather than a sword or spells. pausing, he took a drink from his claay jug, then continued "As for a strategy, I believe that a map or an outline of the facilities would be quite helpful if there is such a thing in our possesion. Stealth would probably be our best bet, take out adverseries quickly and quietly. Set traps for larger groups and set up small side fights where we can out number them. That is all I can think of, have you any suggestions?" Munchin asked, directing his question to both his comrades.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well met, Elf" Krindorf says "Ah'm Krindorf" . Then looking at the monk, he adds "And if stealth is what ye' need, Ah' have plenty. In traps and that sort of thin', Ah'm not much skilled as with robb... Ah' mean exploration, tha' is. Ah' can go unseen, then back with tha' information to trace a plan. Also... We will be in a damn tunnel, and we will be just three. Ah' hardly think we could outnumber anyone! Anyway, sneaky fightin' is my busines, with bow and arrow that is."

KriticalFailure

First Post
"What I meant is that we should try to pick our fights to where our opponents do not outnumber ourselves if at all possible. Three to one or two to one, even three to three would br ok. I dont think that we want to fight more than our number though. We could run the risk of letting one slip away to rouse the others who would most likely come and swarm us." Munchin tried to explain the best that he could, not really sure if he was making any sense at all. Just then the Monk seemed to brighten with a sudden idea. "Perhaps if we could locate the queen, maybe killing her would cause confusion amonst the others, making them all the easier to hunt down. I'm not well versed in the workings of ants however, I do remember hearing that all ants seemed to be linked to the Queen." He trailed off at the end, not really sure of what he was speaking.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ah think that killing the queen first will make those bugs really angry! And Ah' don't want a bunch of this bugs after my head!" the dwarf says before drinking from his jar

KriticalFailure

First Post
"Hmmm...You could be right there. Though if suddenly they lost their queen, it cold be like a baby cub losing it's mother. They might be completely helpless without the constant pressence and leadership of their queen. I do wish that I knew more about them.

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee's scrounged up some supper in the meanwhile; she eats seated near her teammates, while keeping half an ear turned to the conversations of the others around her. At times she smirks. Once, when she catches a snatch of Munchin talking about maps, she actually gives an appreciative nod. When she's finished her plate, and knocked back a pint of ale to wash it down, she adresses Nura and the two clerics again. Her voice's actually slightly less grating now; less of a blunt-saw-through-dry-wood, and more of a pebbles-tumbling-in-a-streambed quality. "D'you feel the need to talk tactics, beyond sticking together, not getting surrounded, and not doing anything stupid? We could! But. I think it's mostly empty talk until we know what we're up against, and what the lay of this mine is, hnh? I'd much rather get some rest, hah. Been a hard day's ride."

She gestures vaguely towards the inn's back rooms.

Ximix

First Post
"The only thing I have heard you say that makes sense to me is not to let one get away to rouse more. That seems a likely trouble, and one I do not see how we'll avoid with creatures that can crawl on walls and ceilings, and only three of us, and without a proper armored fighter."
As the Elven cleric finishes this his eyes are directed at Hans.

"I grew up in a world surrounded with battle. My homeland is rife with war. Patrols are sent out with very specialized troops, and without armored fighters to hold a line I am not encouraged.
You ser Dwarf are a skirmish fighter, lightly armored, preferring your attacks at range. There is always a place in battle for one who can strike with skill, precision and stealth.
That leaves you ser Human as our primary fighter. You are clearly a drunkard and though perhaps a competent monk, your attacks are hardly a match for a well placed sword stroke and your agility is no match for the defense of a plate of steel and a well held shield.
With these limitations it is clear that we shall not fight deep into the nest, but rather find a position of strength, someplace defensible and then draw the creatures to us, one at a time if at all possible.
If either of you are competent at rigging traps then we could use such to prevent escapees from returning to bring reinforcements.

Your thoughts?"

KriticalFailure

First Post
"Clearly you have not witnessed a Monk in battle, and even though I may indugle a few times, do not underestimate my prowess." Munchin states blunty, his pale blue eyes flashing fiercely. "Perfection in mind and body far outweighs the swing of a sword, perhaps one day you may come to see the truth in my words."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"What's the problem of been drunk?" Krindorf asks. "Ye' elves are all the same! HA! Anyway Ah have to admit our reduced numbers give me the spine at least. Ah' wont put in doubt the capabilities of our friend monk here, but we are only three." the dwarf hands his jar thoughtful. "Hey Hans! We should join forces with other group, Ah' think a well placed trap will do for tha' third entrance. We could roll a boulder over there, and obliterate it. Tha' way we could be more offensive in our mission. Other way, we will be short of arms to hold the ants."

Remove ads