Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

Dargon

First Post
OOC: The point of loooooong rounds in one big group is very true, but I think survival is a bit more important. Nura would, she is after all also a life loving elf. On the trust the DM option, I don’t know how most gm does it but I for one would not adjust the strength of the ants attacks to fit the groups strength when they have had a chance to adjust their strength lvl them self and I would never trust that from any DM, I prefer it to keep it realistic. Now if we did not have the option of tailor the group sizes our self it would be an other story but we have.

"Ants might not be intelligent but that does not mean that they can’t defend them self, and don’t have battle strategies, put you hand in to an ants nest and you will be attacked by millions. Also, it appear that Ximix, do not fell he and his team is up to the task. As I said, I have confidence in my own group through I still support a larger unit, but if I where in his shoes I would have second thoughts too. Not because of any liabilities but because they are only 3. I for one support one big unit but it appear that I am one of few. Their for I suggest the two group solution."

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'd be fine with 3 teams or 2 larger teams. Just didn't want all 11 together.

"Hmmm. As long as we are not all bunched up together in one group, I would be fine with either 2 teams or 3." Saithnar says after watching the discussion for a bit. Relighting his pipe, he begins puffing out little rings of smoke as he waits for the matter to be decided.

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Hans answres Ximix plea with a monotone and slightly irritated voice "The way I see it is that you signed for a job and that job is to clear a bunch of ants from a mine. Aside from the fact that you are getting payed a commission per ant that you bring out of the mine, we are paying for your food, transport and lodging the next couple of weeks. I think that put's me in the position to have a final say on any disagreement you folks have concerning the grouping.
I don't really care if you all decide to go into the mine in one big group or all by yourselves, as long as you get the job done. The team roster i made up was a suggestion of how i think we'd best gpo about it but if you all decide there is a better way... by all means go ahead.
I suggest you discuss the details of your team roster with the rest of your comrades and I suggest you be nice to them. Since you're not the one wielding a big sword you might find yourself short on any commision that they haul out of the mine.
If you can't agree on the team roster you can always decide to step out of the mission. After you pay back the costs we already made on your behalf you are free to walk back to Orossus. But I think we're all reasonable adults who can agree on such a trivial matter.
"

Ximix

First Post
[sblock=Ximix's Reply]The slender Elf seems unaffected by the Dwarf's gruff departure and listens to Hans attentively. "Then it is decided. Either we reform or I depart. If the services of another competent healer are not of value enough to others of this gathering then I am confident I will find employ elsewhere. You will remember my sign up did not include any other description than 'Healer'. If you insist on a three man team, at least furnish them with a cleric that can meet the rigors of battle more equally." He speaks clearly, without emotion and there is no note of whine or condemnation in his voice. It is as if he spoke of the quality of the wine in the tavern. "So you are clear good man, I did not sign on for the money, yet what price can be put on ones life? I joined so as to be of assistance to these fine people and in doing so further prepare myself for the prophecied battles to come. I may have offended my fellows, and perhaps you find my request upsetting to your ego, yet again, there is the simple question of balance... on one side, life itself. What ser would you weight the other scale with, if not caution?"[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC: request for understanding and moving on!]Ok, Ximix is this scholarly priest of a god of Arcane Magic. He's an Elf... and he grew up in a region of constant conflict and therefore exposure to death both early in life and regularly as he grew up.
I recognize as a player that disrupting the game for RP sake is stupid. On the other hand realistically, who believes that a low level monk is a front rank fighter? Add to that the support fighter is a self-described ranged rogue... in tight confines of a tunnel that's not gonna work. Ximix is NOT a battle cleric. He has 10 STR, low Con, low AC and no real combat experience. His only adventure thus far was supporting a Paladin and two others against undead. The lightly armored members of the group took hits... the Paladin did lots of damage... this is what Ximix knows of combat!!!
You can ask Jallembo, I do not play Ximix as a rabble rouser or problem causer. I feel like I'm causing trouble yet I just don't think a PC with Ximix's background and 16 WIS would let himself go into combat in this group.
So... help a guy out? Heh... I want to get to the action and get back for the "big event" as much as the next guy! [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dargon

First Post
Nura nods to her self agreeing to what Ximix is saying
Yes, yes quit right. Maybe I can get one of the ants brought back to study. I would back out to in his case too. A specimen for study could be valuable .

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: I see that you are just playing out Ximix's character I wouldn't want you to do it otherwise. I am merely putting down Hans's attitude as well so don't de discouraged ooc by playing out your character.
Somethimes roleplaying needs a little bit of lubrication to keep the game going but I think Ximix's situation can still turn out just fine.
The lubrication in this case would be Ximix making some friends amongst the rest of the characters. So i look at the rest of the pary first to lend ximix some support before throwing in a bit of deus ex.
On the case of any ooc fears that your characters are walking into certain death without an uber tank in front: they're not. That would be very lousy DM'íng and plain dumb. Even more so since I offered the inital roster through Hans.

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: I'd volunteer to take your spot, Ximix, but that would also leave my group without it's semi-front line fighter. Then a rogue would need to take the front spot, and rogue's are tough to work as front lines. However, if the other 3 people in my group will agree with it, I'll switch. I'd like to get smashing ants!

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo had gone out to the shop to check for some rope and oil. Happy with his findings he
comes back to the inn to find the rest of the team arguing. Ximix looks serious, very serious
indeed, and Hans slightly concerned behind his unbothered pose.

Realizing what the discussion is about, Jallembo shrugs and says: "Hmm, you got some point Ximix
but then these lads don't look too.. err.. just look fine to me.. they should do the job..
I doubt that in these corridors we can fight too many upfront, so numbers won't make much
difference.. In my view, if we only oppose brute force to these ants we may be in trouble..
manoeuvering in heavy armour in there would be tricky..
We've got to be smart, hey? Like, again, make use of fire, traps, and the likes.. hey?
Missing a giant ant in a corridor with an arrow or a burning oil flask requires some serious
degree of incompetence.. even for a drunk monk"
he finishes with a wink.
"Maybe we can swap the teams a bit if you feel better about it, but I'd suggest
we get good rations of oil and ropes and think of ways to burn those insects down.."

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee llistens to Ximix as he speaks. Her exact emotions are hard to read, but whatever they are, they're probably not warm and fuzzy -- her face already pretty low on any kind of beauty scale, and the way it's twisted up now is pulling it hard towards the negatives. "You talk as if you're not the master of your own fate," she grates out. The corner of her mouth twitches. "You want my advice, hnh..? Don't answer that, it's a bleeding rhetorical question. You ask the first team to take you in, mh? They might have use for an extra healer. Third team absorbs the others. We block the uncovered last exit as soon as we arrive. Should be, mf. Easy, if it's no more than a glorified air shaft. And everyone's happy, yes?"

She casts a fierce look around the rest of the group.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Robichaud said:
Jamilee llistens to Ximix as he speaks. Her exact emotions are hard to read, but whatever they are, they're probably not warm and fuzzy -- her face already pretty low on any kind of beauty scale, and the way it's twisted up now is pulling it hard towards the negatives. "You talk as if you're not the master of your own fate," she grates out. The corner of her mouth twitches. "You want my advice, hnh..? Don't answer that, it's a bleeding rhetorical question. You ask the first team to take you in, mh? They might have use for an extra healer. Third team absorbs the others. We block the uncovered last exit as soon as we arrive. Should be, mf. Easy, if it's no more than a glorified air shaft. And everyone's happy, yes?"
"This sounds like a sound plan to me as well." Saithnar comments. "Anyone else?" he asks.

OOC: This would make it as follows:
Team 1
Saithnar- Psion 2
Quintaine Vos- Rogue 1
Jallembo- Rogue 2
Dorrin- Cleric 1
Ximix- Cleric 2

Team 2
Landers- Cleric 1
Nura- Wizard 1
Possum- Cloistered Cleric 1
Jamilee- Fighter 1
Krindorf- Rogue 1
Munchkin- Monk 1

So, each side has 2 clerics, at least one rogue, and an offensive caster type. The all 1st level group has more actual tankness, but having a few 2nd levelers in the other group should make up for that. Anybody got any problems with this set up? We block the third entrance when we get there (hopefully soon) and take the fight to them down the two main tunnels.

Remove ads