Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

Wik

First Post
Yeah, fine. That works. Although, to be honest, I'd prefer three groups. I trust B4cchus enough that it'd be safe for us. But the two groups should be fine. Remember, though, that those ants are going to use the third exit, and come up behind us. We'll be swarmed, I'm sure of it. ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! ;)

Okay, got that out of my system. :D As for being swarmed IF the ants get out of the third exit after we block it up...if they do, then our bigger parties will be better suited to fight on both flanks! :] For the record, I too would trust our DM not to throw too much at any party, but since it's mostly a RPing issue at this point, I say we roll with it and GET TO THE MINES. Ooops, sorry. Did I shout that? :heh:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Krindorf manage to find Munchin, thouthfuly, sitted on a wagon. He climbed up, and sitted next to the monk. "Ah' put tha' elf in his place, worry not, Ah' think he'll be asigned to another group" the dwarf says, as he pat the monks shoulder. Then he stare at the stars above. "Boy Ah'm drunk!" Krindorf said, watching the dancing lights.

Amaury

First Post
OOC: fine by me too.

JAllembo says: "Fine if you prefer two teams, let's do two. I repeat myself, we need rope and flasks of oil.. let's pool our resources to buy a few.."

Sirhahn

First Post
Landers listens thoughtfully to the on-going conversation between Hans and Ximix. Upon hearing Jamilee's suggestion and Saithinar's agreement, he replies, "I agree as well to the two groups proposed for the reasons given. I'm sure we can make this work well for everyone."

OOC: Robichard and Phoenix, kudos to you for bringing this issue to a head and hopeful resolution!

Wik

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! ;)

Okay, got that out of my system. :D As for being swarmed IF the ants get out of the third exit after we block it up...if they do, then our bigger parties will be better suited to fight on both flanks! :] For the record, I too would trust our DM not to throw too much at any party, but since it's mostly a RPing issue at this point, I say we roll with it and GET TO THE MINES. Ooops, sorry. Did I shout that? :heh:

Ha ha. Thanks, I've been wanting to say just that. Figured, though, I'd state my view "For the record".

When, you know, we get swarmed and murdered, simply because no one attacked the third exit.

But, hey, I don't have to outrun the ants. Just have to outrun the rest of my party. ;)

KriticalFailure

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
Krindorf manage to find Munchin, thouthfuly, sitted on a wagon. He climbed up, and sitted next to the monk. "Ah' put tha' elf in his place, worry not, Ah' think he'll be asigned to another group" the dwarf says, as he pat the monks shoulder. Then he stare at the stars above. "Boy Ah'm drunk!" Krindorf said, watching the dancing lights.

Munchin glanced up at the sound of the dwarf's voice "My thanks to you good sir" he said as the dwarf sat next to him. "I think I am a little drunk as well, I never could hold my liquor very well, though I do enjoy it." As he says this he takes another swig of his Clay Jug, completely forgetting he was supposed to stop drinking. He follows the dwarf's gaze up towards the heavens and sighs.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: i'm going to continue for now. I'll assume you will go with the teams Phoenix8008 suggested. There's still some room for oc or ic discussion on that.
As I said, there is a small general store next to the inn. If you wish to buy mundane equipment please state so now and exactly what you have bought.
Moving on!

When everybody has taken a seat in the wagons and all the equipment has been strapped down on sally's wagon the small caravan heads down the road southward.
The sky is somewhat cloudy but it isn't very cold. After a long and actually rather boring day the caravan moves away form road to set up camp for the night.
The teamsters unload several tents while Sally begins to prepare dinner.
After a wholesome meal Hans assigns a few of you for guard duty. The night itself is uneventfull.
The next day the caravan crosses the River Roars and continues southward.
On the third day the caravan changes direction and takes a smaller road to the east and crosses the River Grellgo.
As the caravan moves closer to the Bainlund hills the terrain gets rougher and the road gets less even. Every once in a while one of the wagons gets stuck but with some effort you all manage to get it free.
The journey continues through the Bainlund hills for six more days.

At the end of that sixth day, ten days since you left Orussus, the caravan enters a small canyon. The canyon is bordered by a steep rock wall for about three quarters. These are obviously the outer skirts of the Stonepike mountains. Beyond the rock wall you see higher formations of rock in the distance.

The rock wall is, on average, about sixty feet high. The canyon itself is about 200 feet in diameter.
There are two shoddy wooden buildings and a broken wooden tower which used to be a windmill. Parts of the windmill lay scattered at the base of the slender wooden frame.
Aside one of the wooden building lays a large pile of rocks.

A set of narrow steel tracks run from an entrance into the wall all the way through the canyon. Alongside the tracks is a stone gutter.
You see another, slightly smaller entrance into the wall through which the tracks also lead into darkness beyond.

Hans turns his horse as the wagons come to a stop "Ok people, here we are then! Let's scout this place before we set up camp. Rogar, Jonas, get those crossbows ready." While Rogar and Jonas hustle to Sally's wagon, Hans sets out with a few voulenteers and quickly scouts the terrain. When it checks out safe he returns to the wagons where Jonas and Rogar have begun unloading quite a number of heavy crossbows from Sally's wagon.
"Ok people. Let's set up camp in that there building. That used to be a maintenance shed, storage, office, whatever."
The wagons are driven near the building. On the two wagons Rogar and Jonas start mounting the heavy crossbows, all trimemd at the two entrances of the mine.
"I suggest we set up here for the night and make out first entrance in the morning. Any question? Suggestions maybe even?" Hans looks at you expectingly.

Dargon

First Post
Nura buys a net and 10 more bolts for her X-bow.
(20+1 gp)
"Hans how are we to prove what we killed?"
"And I also have a request if you will allow it," Nura seems a little embarrassed by asking, "would it be possible to have one of the corpses brought back to Orussus for further studies?"

"I think we should send scouts down tonight and take a look at the beginning of the mine without engaging the Ants, just to learn the layout of the area we will start in"

Remove ads