• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

Ximix

First Post
Ac 21 Hp 11/14

[sblock=Ximix Actions: ] Waiting for update from today's action, perhaps we'll be down a few opponents? In any case I'll be leaving town for a week, hopefully I'll find PC/NET access but I am not counting on it. Ximix will continue playing it defensively, either Full Defense while he is the target (AC 21) or lending +2 AC to another via Aid Another.
He has no real confidence in his battle prowess and much more interest in keeping the 'real' combatants in the fight. If the opportunity arises, he may take part in a volley shot of bow-fire if the party is not under melee threat and looks to have time to take a shot and get shields back into place. (Shortbow, +3 ATK, d6 DMG)
Otherwise he'll use cure minor wounds to stop bleeding on little injuries and encourage the use of healing potions for those not hard pressed. he wants to hold his last CLW until a time that it can make a difference in a big battle, such as a fighter that gets hit hard with enemies still around. Ximix will use his own potions sparingly, though if he takes another hit he'll drink one.
I will hopefully have time to post again yet today, maybe even tomorrow night, but just in case, I wanted to get this info out there.
Also jic, I want to wish you all a merry Christmas
X[/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
Ant 4: Dead
Ant 6: Dead
Ant 7: Dead
Ant 8: (will be dead)

Ximix grimaces as the ant leaves a bloody gash on his upper leg. "I think I need to work on my shield technique..." he says stoically. He continues to try to defend against the ant, hoping Munchin or someone will flank the beast and bring it down. When he spots that Munchin is ready to engage the ants again, he steps back to make room for the monk.

Healing powers of the potion washes over the young Monk as he rises to full height. his musles tighten seconds before he launches himself past ximix with a flying kick but fails to hit the ant.

Dorrin gives several moves designed to pull an opponent off balance before realizing they won't work against the ants. His follow up attack is extremely weak

Jallembo manages to avoid the frontline and sticks to his plan of firing arrow at a distance. But the crowd makes his shots go wide.

Jamilee finally catches an opening or two in the ants' plating and motion pattern, and scores a pair of hits! Her first hit briongs one of the ants down that was already hit. She quickly stabs an other, unscathed and with her second attack.

Using the same trick again, Quint aims low and fires another arrow between the legs of one of those in the front rank but misses.

Deciding to save some of his mental energy for future fights, Saithnar pulls out his crossbow and fires towards the attacking ants. His shot is extremely poor though and goes far off target.

NPC'ed PC's
Nura again fores a shot at the ants and her arrow strikes true (unconfirmed crit :))! Her arrow hits the ant that Jamilee already hit and the vermin collapses as the arrow penetrated it's eye.

Possum launches a sling bullet at the last remaining ant but fails to hit it with all the people blocking his sight.

Landers remains on stand-by.

Fininfg it a good way to kepe him from harm, Krinddorgf remains in his defensive stance.

The remaining ant attacks Krindorf but is not able to penetrate his defences.

One ant remains and I fully trust that the 11 of you slay the critter before it goes again.
Combat ends, you are standing in a large cavern with a tunnel ahead of you and one to the right.

thegreyman

First Post
"That was entertaining!" Dorrin grins after making sure no one is too badly hurt. "This yellow goo is a little tough to get out of my crevices of my blade, but hopefully the gold they bring makes it worth it!"

"Maybe we should send a quick scout to see if the nest is close down one of these two tunnels. Then we can cleanse it with sword and flame!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I suggest we proceed down the tunnel straight ahead which more of the tougher ants came from. That would logically lead us towards the queen of the hive since it was the best guarded avenue." Saithnar says, putting forth his theory.

OOC: Two of the tough ants came from the tunnel straight ahead while another tough ant and the other four workers came from the tunnel to the right.

Dargon

First Post
"Sounds as reason to me" Nura says "Beside one tunnel can be as good as the other."
Ooc: I am not there and she finally hit something.

Amaury

First Post
"Happy to scout ahead..." replies Jallembo who readies an arrow before checking whether he can recover any of the other arrows.

Once done, he will scout ahead in the tunnel.

Remove ads