• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Look upon my works, ye mighty... (my players stay out, please)

Similar to the "frozen in time idea"...

Perpetual autumn.

How does one accomplish beautiful autumn trees that never lose their leaves?

Undead trees....cared for by an undead treant.

That is all.

Sandain

Explorer
What if, the Emporer was a secret genius who knows exactly whats going on.

All his mad schemes end up having a benficial side affect, that no one attirbutes to him. e.g he decrees that his word shall by heard from one end of the empie to another,and royal decreees must be delivered to the mayor of every town on a regular basis. And so - the royal mail was born.

He decrees every coin must have his face. And so currency was stabilised across all conquered nations and free trade flowed.

His magic garden must be watered daily - side affect being the aqueduct constrcuted also irrigated farmland and provided clean water to the populace.

His mad schemes bring about the grey zool collectors er the grey guard, the best magical universities etc

The Stone collossus - lessened the power of the military and private armies of nobles. Funding for the projects comes from a treasury accesses only from his bloodline - and he has no heir.

His whims, shapechanging parties, where the most groteque are rewarded, multi-planar hunting parties etc - all desinged to keep the nobles too occupied to coup.

WizarDru

Adventurer
What if, the Emporer was a secret genius who knows exactly whats going on.

That would actually be a fun conceit...that the emperor is secretly very practical and smart, but he knows that if everyone around him knew that, he would never be able to accomplish his goals. But by feigning madness or eccentricity, he could manage the change he wanted without having to deal with the usual politics or objections.

Rechan

Adventurer
That would actually be a fun conceit...that the emperor is secretly very practical and smart, but he knows that if everyone around him knew that, he would never be able to accomplish his goals. But by feigning madness or eccentricity, he could manage the change he wanted without having to deal with the usual politics or objections.
So the Emperor is Lord Hojo?

WizarDru

Adventurer

Well, yeah. Although in Shojo's case, he was doing so to manipulate the members of the city council into thinking he was not worth trying to assassinate AND to avoid having to follow the Paladin's oath. Which is what happens when you get a non-Lawful leader of a Lawful Good organization, I guess. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
A quick note to say that the PCs are currently in the heart of Capria. Tonight I'm planning a "death by pigeon swarm" skill challenge that will have them running for their lives past several of these wonders, being pursued by tens of thousands of homicidal pigeons that are all trying to kill just one PC.

I can't wait.

Remove ads