• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for 3.5 FR game in NOVA, DC Metro

chimera_writer

First Post
Moved to Alexandria last year and havent gamed in several. However, I'm really interested in a 3.5 Forgotten Realms game. Currently in my mid-20's with a full time job so it does affect my gaming options somewhat. Open to other games as well.

hoyagerv

First Post
Hey Chimera writer,

My group is located in the Arlington area and we hope to start up a campaign in the fall (the Adventure path series from Dungeon). We'd love to have another player. We're all in our early twenties (22-23) and have jobs or in advanced degree programs. Although we just finished a Forgotten Realms game, it's likely we'll come back to the setting in the future. Let me know if you're interested.

Keith

Felix

Explorer
chimera writer: It's not Forgotten Realms, but you might want to check out this thread for a game in Alexandria.

hoyagerv: Where in Arlington do you all play? Do you game on the weekends, or during the week?

Tarondor

First Post
I also run a game in Chantilly that is looking for two new players. We have four now. This is what I've written elsewhere about the game:

I run an ongoing game in Chantilly, Virginia, and I'm looking for two new players (we have 4; we'd like 6). The game world is twenty-seven years old (nearly as old as D&D itself!) Check it out at: www.theeurth.com and then contact me.

Players should be mature, willing to work with a team, and willing to play heroes. If you're into powergaming, hack-and-slash, half-dragon ninja-paladins or are otherwise selfish and can't get along well with a team, this isn't the game for you.

On the other hand, if you're into epic stories, gold and glory, this game has been entertaining fun-loving adults for more than 27 years. Check out the website at: www.theeurth.com and then drop me a line at nolan AT erols DOT com.

hoyagerv

First Post
Hey Felix,

My group plays in either Rosslyn or Courthouse. Right now, we've just been playing on the weekends (sadly just about every other one). We just don't have the amount of free-time as we'd like.

Keith

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
I haven't fired up a new campaign just yet, but plan to do so in a month or two. In the interim, I thought I'd reply to your post. I'm out in Leesburg, VA, so that may be a bit too far for some of you folks in the DC area.

Game Info: D&D 3.5, mature, healthy mix of combat and roleplaying. Most of us are 30+ years old. Probably meet bi-weekly on a weeknight. A lot of this is still "to be determined".

Um...I don't have a campaign web site but you could check the story hour to see the type of theme I'd like to run: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81523

Any questions - please ask (email please, as I'm not good at following various threads). rjsmalls at yahoo.com

Thanks!

Destan

Queequeg

Explorer
I'm moving to the area myself in September. If any of y'all are still looking for players, write me at queequeg3000 at hotmail dot com.

Queequeg

The_Universe

First Post
Depending on your tastes, we *might* have an opening for a player in our game, generally located south of Old Town, a little off of Route 1.

It's a homebrew setting using D&D 3.5 with a few notable houserules. Game is currently high level (11-13th level), with a focus on high adventure.

6 current players ranging from 19 to 25, all either students, full-time employed, or some combination of the above. We're a relatively close-knit group. Friends, not just gamers. As such, it's probably best to say that we've got an "open" spot for a buddy, and the gaming follows along naturally.

Here's a half-finished campaign wesbite: http://members.cox.net/dungeonsanddragons/Home%20Page-%20KoA.htm

A story hour (someday to be finished) is in my sig.

Also, check out some of the threads for the 10/2 NoVA/DC/MD game day! Might be a good place to start if none of these appeal.

Remove ads