looking for a fight

K

Kheldar Devaentar

Nevish wins?

portlongkheldar.gif

Kheldar steps aside and watches the canes come tumbling down after him. Nevish was also attacked with a sudden downpour of canes. . . It was pretty clear who the guy with a sense of humor was.

"Now I said no special powers! Darnit, don't make me disqulify you before the match even begins!"

Artwork copyright © 2004, Gordon R. Quigley

V

Vash Taklore

(Outside the Tavern)
*Hears the comotion inside the pub after Kheldar's challenge. While waiting for the 'combatants' to exit the pub Vash takes a long drag off his pipe. After a few seconds he takes his time and exhales a cloud of smoke.*

R

Red Tysmra

A hooded man holding a drink with his left hand yells over his shoulder.

"Could you please keep it down? I'm trying to drink in peace."

R

Red Tysmra

The man laughs. "Depart in pieces, you say? Hillarious joke. The only one I could see departing in pieces here is you. You should know when you've met your match, insolent whelp." He takes another swig of ale.

M

malik21

"You can chop me up right now"

Malik spreads his arms wide open as if daring the man to.

"But it wouldn't matter"He laughs "I'm not even the real Malik!He is in the Darkhole Inn,far away from here((The map of the planes)).

R

Red Tysmra

"Chop you up? No, no, no, no, ripping the real you to shreds would be so much more gratifying." He reaches into his left pocket and pulls out a small white pearl. "If you really feel like challenging me, I'll give you this. If you win, you can keep it, but if you lose, then I take it off your corpse and bet the next sucker. How about it?"

K

Kheldar Devaentar

portlongkheldar.gif

Kheldar chuckles to himself and shakes his head. . . Perhaps the fellow that had left the tavern before had the right idea. Get out of this place! Suddenly everyone was becoming very haughty and picking fights with everyone else!

"Well, I can see there's no shortage of immortal bullies in here. . . I'll leave you gentlemen to your bickering. Just remember, while it's ok to intimidate each other for hours on end inside the tavern, tavern policy states actual fights have to be taken outside in the clearing."

Kheldar turns around and approaches the tavern door. Once he gets to it he stops, and turns to face everyone again.

"Oh yes, and congratulations to Nevish Darkwind for winning the Walking Stick Showdown! The winged fellow forfeited, so I suppose that means you win by default! You now have official bragging rights over the. . . oh what do you call him now? . . Shameful Cowardly Fool! You've also maintained your perfect winning streak! So congrats! . . Happy brawling! . ."

Kheldar closes the tavern door behind him and rolls his eyes. . . How could people who possessed such power be like that? The power must have corrupted them and age shriveled their brains!

"Oh Hello!"

Kheldar blinks at the young fellow who had left the tavern before. The man appeared to be waiting in anticipation for something to happen.

"Oh, waiting for the cane battle? I'm afraid it's been canceled. One of them had cold feet. . . You know how those boasting boneheads are. . . All talk and no show. . ."

Kheldar shrugs.

"I believe you're a new face in town. . . Either that or I've been away from here too long! . . My name's Kheldar Devaentar, thief and spy, at your service! And who, my friend, are you?"

Artwork copyright © 2004, Gordon R. Quigley

Remove ads