• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a Good, but Simple Crit/Fumble table

Anavel Gato

First Post
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has a .doc or a link to a simple critical hit and fumble chart. the last two that I had seem to have vanished (with one of the DM's)...

I am looking for something that has divisions by weapon type (slashing, blunt, piericing)
and uses either d20 or d100...

thanks.

IndyPendant

First Post
Why?

It just slows down gameplay by adding an extra roll or more. If you want to 'punish' your players for rolling a 1 (I'm a GM that does: ), then here's my suggestion; it's the rule I use:

--If a character in combat rolls a natural ‘1’ on a d20, they threaten a critical miss. They must immediately make another attack roll; if this second attack also misses, then the character suffers a critical miss. The penalty is that they can only take a Partial Action for their next action (usually the next round).

Anavel Gato

First Post
That sounds really good. I think my title is wrong...what I am looking for is a Critical hit table and Fumble table.

One that says on natural 20, you cut off some ones ear or pierce throat.

that is what I am really looking for. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Winternight

First Post
IndyPendant said:
Why?

It just slows down gameplay by adding an extra roll or more. If you want to 'punish' your players for rolling a 1 (I'm a GM that does: ), then here's my suggestion; it's the rule I use:
But it may add some fun to it.
There are several in the net.

Alas I don't use them I use following rule:
--If a character in combat rolls a natural ‘1’ on a d20, his/her foe get's an AoO.
Pure simple fast.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads