Looking for a New Web Host for YB/YBA

graydoom

First Post
Heh. Last time I mirrored the generator I just got yelled at.

But aside from that, there is the very major problem of bandwidth limits on the Geocities web sites. Geocities has some pretty severe bandwidth limits, and it would be best to use another site if at all possible. Geocities can handle the YBA rules, because those aren't looked at very often, but I think if I actually hosted the main generator my account would quickly run out of bandwidth.

Midknight, if you could host the generator, that would be great. If you need help figuring things out, you can ask me, Rei, or someone else. Pretty much all you should have to do is mirror all the files, including sub-directories, to your webspace and change some of the links in the HTML documents to point to your webspace.

reiella

Explorer
Wouldn't be too difficult, and should be alot more ... likly to be around past this summer.

That and it lets me continue to use my webspace one as a testing board :).

Lady Diamond

First Post
graydoom said:
Heh. Last time I mirrored the generator I just got yelled at.

Yeah you did GD. Don't be too upset though, I would have yelled at Anyone who swiped files off my domain without asking, then published the URL of his/her own domain with information that I had asked for "guardianship" over from its original creator. Don't take it too personally, in the real world it's called "Pirating" or copyright infringement, perhaps you didn't know.

Methinks you and Rei both did that (that's how Meowthbot got its start). Works out well though, since now you both have experience in hosting the generator and I don't have time to do so.

Oh yeah, please remove any mention of "CreationDynamics" off any of the style sheets you guys decide to use. I don't consider myself the guardian of KD's and Number47's work anymore.

And.. I don't Have to yell about it! HOORAY!!! :) one less responsibility.

Remove ads