Looking for an Anti-undead Arcanist PrC

Benben

First Post
I have a player on my table whose character has a strong anti-undead background.

So does anybody of some sort of a "White Necromancer" prestige class in published materials?

I'm looking for something specifically designed to take advantage of the flexibility and raw power of the the arcane spellcasting classes.

Also does anybody know of anti-undead arcane spells of the necromancy school?

gariig

First Post
A cleric? Seriously, arcanists actually make the worst necromancer unless you want one that just does evil things and not with undead(torturing and the like). Cleric's can control undead, rebuke them, get death spells a little earlier i believe, etc. I wish I had more to say, there are a few books on necromancers, but I don't have any of them with me.

Gariig

FrankTrollman

First Post
Be an Illusionist, Conjurer, or a Transmuter.

Seriously. Unintelligent Undead cannot see through figments unless they get pushed through them. So a Silent Image of a stone wall will basically allow your party to kill an unlimited number of skeletons of any power level - provided that you have a sling and a goodly pile of rocks.

Meanwhile, Undead have bad Fortitude saves and no Con scores - so any Fortitude save that you can make them make (such as from Disintegrated) is almost a guaranteed failure.

Other than that - no. Wizards don't get any good spells that deal directly with undead (Halt Undead might as well be a spell to stick a whole watermelon into your body the wrong way for all the good it will do you - it's just a half strength transferable true strike that the enemy gets a save against).

-Frank

Benben

First Post
Thanks to garlig and FrankTrollman for the quick replies.

Does anybody know if a Ravenloft suppliment has filled this hole yet? As the DM of the player I'm open to just about any source (with approval and fudging for balance).

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
FrankTrollman said:
Other than that - no. Wizards don't get any good spells that deal directly with undead (Halt Undead might as well be a spell to stick a whole watermelon into your body the wrong way for all the good it will do you - it's just a half strength transferable true strike that the enemy gets a save against).
-Frank

The bizarre thing is that the lower-level "command undead" lasts for DAYS, and is far, far better (the undead will follow even suicidal orders if they're not intelligent).

Remove ads