• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for any non linear adventures

Aus_Snow

First Post
MortalPlague said:
That sounds really cool. Do you know if they're planning to update to 4th Edition?
Not sure, to be honest. But I don't think the necessary legal framework (aka GSL) will be in place in time for these. Which still doesn't mean 'no' for sure. You'd have to ask Mr. Logue (who's pretty well known around Paizo, and elsewhere.)

It looks like when they come out, PDFs will be provided for free, for a number of other systems (other than D&D 3e and d20 future, the default - and in print - version depending on the product line in question.)

There are a few publishers going the 3e/d20 way, and given that Paizo is one (e.g., their Pathfinder RPG) I guess the guy making these might also be. It wouldn't really surprise me, as quite a large number of gamers are *not* going with 4e. Hey, I'm one of them! :D

edit --- Oh crap! Please ignore about half of that. :eek: I forgot one major fact: the GSL precludes the use of the OGL within the same product line. IOW, *no*, because he couldn't do that even if he wanted to. Welcome to Hasbro corporate's new WotC's contribution to the open gaming revolution pioneered by the old WotC, and headed by one Ryan Dancey (of the old WotC.)

Last edited:

Nlogue

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
Not sure, to be honest. But I don't think the necessary legal framework (aka GSL) will be in place in time for these. Which still doesn't mean 'no' for sure. You'd have to ask Mr. Logue (who's pretty well known around Paizo, and elsewhere.)

It looks like when they come out, PDFs will be provided for free, for a number of other systems (other than D&D 3e and d20 future, the default - and in print - version depending on the product line in question.)

There are a few publishers going the 3e/d20 way, and given that Paizo is one (e.g., their Pathfinder RPG) I guess the guy making these might also be. It wouldn't really surprise me, as quite a large number of gamers are *not* going with 4e. Hey, I'm one of them! :D

edit --- Oh crap! Please ignore about half of that. :eek: I forgot one major fact: the GSL precludes the use of the OGL within the same product line. IOW, *no*, because he couldn't do that even if he wanted to. Welcome to Hasbro corporate's new WotC's contribution to the open gaming revolution pioneered by the old WotC, and headed by one Ryan Dancey (of the old WotC.)

Ha! It's true sadly. I can't do a 4E version of Razor Coast...believe me, I wish it were possible! I am doing a True 20 version though, and potentially more. I really really want to do a Burning Wheel version, but I need to get off my duff and beg Luke Crane to let me.

I may do 4E content though. I need to see the GSL first. I have one 4E product tentatively planned, but I don't know if the GSL will allow me to do what Sinister does best with it. ;)

Chrome Berets for CP 2020

My favorite non-linear adventure.. and I was only able to run half of it... damn that other campaign!!!

The storyline is, there is a island nation that is having trouble with a civil war/rebel uprising. The dictator is somewhat of a punk-fanatic and after 3 years of his military generals failing to exterminate the rebel faction he does the unthinkable. Hires a ragtag bunch of runners from Night City. When they arrive, he basically hands them to keys to the kingdom. They are in charge of the military and have to defeat the rebel forces.

The rest of the module lays out the powers and personalities, as well as some key events. The group can hang in the back and basically turn the game into a table-top minis' battle, or they can join the fracas personnally, or they can switch sides and join the rebels... or.. well.. ya. Its completely up the players.

Possible ending states cover the gamut of who is in charge of what.. including the possiblity that the groups actions bring in attention from an extra-national interest. There is even a slim chance that they can end up 'inheriting' the island for themselves....

Definately a game the DM has to do alot of reading ahead of time {as evidenced by my synopsis above and I haven't run CP2020 in almost a decade now :( }

taliesin15

First Post
what about that "World's Largest Dungeon" thing?

And, frankly, just about any wilderness setting can be adapted to a non linear frame, so could any large city/metropolis...

Crothian

First Post
taliesin15 said:
what about that "World's Largest Dungeon" thing?

And, frankly, just about any wilderness setting can be adapted to a non linear frame, so could any large city/metropolis...

WLD was surprisingly linear. It was non linear at times but there was set assumptions on what the players would and would not do, and where they would go.

Settings though are not adventures. I want adventures.

Thanks!! :cool:

Nlogue

First Post
Have you read Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale from Paizo? Great non-linear adventure by Jason Bulmahn. I highly recommend it!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads