Looking for good Prison Adventure reference

Wrathamon

Adventurer
My group just got caught and sent to a big bad prison... I was wondering if there was any good published prison adventures out there?

any help is appreciated.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Years ago Dungeon had an adventure set in a prison -- Granite Mountain Prison. I'm not sure if that was the name of the adventure or not. The adventure was centered around rescuing someone from it. The special feature of the prison was that the cells were built next to each other in a circle, and every day the inmates had to push the "wheel" of cells so that a new cell was facing the only exit. I always wanted to run it but like so many great Dungeon adventures it just never happened.

freebfrost

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Years ago Dungeon had an adventure set in a prison -- Granite Mountain Prison. I'm not sure if that was the name of the adventure or not. The adventure was centered around rescuing someone from it. The special feature of the prison was that the cells were built next to each other in a circle, and every day the inmates had to push the "wheel" of cells so that a new cell was facing the only exit. I always wanted to run it but like so many great Dungeon adventures it just never happened.

Yup, Dungeon #36, Granite Mountain Prison.

The splat was:
A rebel leader is locked in a prison from which there is no escape. That's why the rebels called for you. An AD&D adventure for character levels 4–6.

A great adventure - ran it for my group once.

Paizo has it in stock for $15.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Wrathamon said:
My group just got caught and sent to a big bad prison... I was wondering if there was any good published prison adventures out there?

any help is appreciated.

I have a sourcebook from the last days of TSR called "Country Sites" that includes a prison in the middle of a swamp as one of the sites. It is pretty well detailed and there are adventure hooks. You might be able to find it on ebay.

DM

Janx

Hero
Try hunting down some maps on a prison, say alcatraz:
http://www.nps.gov/alcatraz/

If you can find a map, redraw it freehand, then use the freehand map in your game. Player's won't likely know it is Alcatraz, but they'll associate it with Alcatraz and start envisioning "Escape from Alcatraz" type plans.

trust your google-fu

Janx

diaglo

Adventurer
D'oh

wish my mind worked like it used to...

of course, the best Prison EVAR...

is Castle Greyhawk. :lol:

see if you can find the Maure Castle Dungeon Magazine.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
thanks for the help, keep em coming if you know of others.

I have the AEG one... and I can use parts of that.

The others may be harder to find... I may have that Dungeon magazine thou, I will look through my backissues.

Remove ads