• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

looking for other adventures

Keldryn

Adventurer
I ran my group through the entire Haunted House portion of U1 last night, and it worked pretty well. I used the monsters in the playtest packet as a guideline for converting enemies on the fly.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I'd probably not use U1 as it deals with unsteady ground (at least on the 1st floor) and some other things we won's be certain how they would work. Doable, of course, but probably not the best choice.

Unless you really want to rely on common sense :D

Stormonu

Legend
But I don't think that I want to use old-school dungeons, since they usually have the same "problem" as Caves of Chaos .. that combat is usually to straight forward (no interesting terrain, included traps, etc.).

This statement makes me sad and it's somewhat untrue. Especially when you look at adventures like U1 & N1.

Texicles

First Post
If you want something with most of the legwork done for you, I agree with what others have said about just taking a portion of CoC and running that.

If you want a something a lot more DIY, http://www.roleplayingtips.com/5-room-dungeons/ has some fantastic ideas for adventures that can be adapted to any version you want, but as they're all "5-room" dungeons, they can be run pretty quick.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads