Looking for Pirate Music

Qualidar

First Post
Hi,

I'm gearing up to start running my players through the Freeport trilogy next month, and I'm looking for good background music. Other than Pirates of the Carribbean and Cutthroat Island, does anyone know of anything good?

~Qualidar~

Wolfspirit

First Post
Qualidar said:
Hi,

I'm gearing up to start running my players through the Freeport trilogy next month, and I'm looking for good background music. Other than Pirates of the Carribbean and Cutthroat Island, does anyone know of anything good?

~Qualidar~

Other than those two, I also like "Curse of Monkey Island" the computer game. Especially the intro.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Wolfspirit said:
Other than those two, I also like "Curse of Monkey Island" the computer game. Especially the intro.

Is this music available anywhere online or for sale? I looooved that soundtrack.

Ian Sturrock

First Post
I really rate The Golden Apple, a duo of Discordian fantasy folk rock musicians:

http://www.fotthewuk.co.uk/goldenapple/

Unfortunately none of their most piratical numbers (Dogs and Freaks, The Captain Slept, and Elf Locks) are available as free downloads, but you should buy all their CDs anyway. I did.

The Jolly Rogers are pretty good -- don't have a web link for 'em off-hand but Google is your friend.

Then there's Topic Records, one of the UK's oldest and most respected folk music record companies -- they have several superb sea shanty collections:

http://www.topicrecords.co.uk/acatalog/index2.html

For a more cultured early 18th century sound, as might be heard in a rich European salon, try Scarlatti's _Sonatas for Harpsichord_ -- superb, and surprisingly modern-sounding.

The Pogues are always good for general pirate lust for life -- you can't really go wrong with "The Irish Rover"...

MerakSpielman

First Post
At first glance I thought you were asking for pirated music... I couldn't believe there had been so many responses and the thread hadn't been closed down.

Remove ads