Looking for recommendations for a new TV!

sabrinathecat

Explorer
LG isn't top of the line, but second best. TV stations have them running continuously (and I do mean 24hrs a day, 7days a week, 365.25 per year continuously) for 4-5 years, and they don't burn out. as mentioned, LED, and whatever you do, do NOT buy plasma.

Mallus

Legend
LG isn't top of the line, but second best.
Thanks! I'll take a look at some LG models. Our new refrigerator is going to be an LG.

I'm noticing an anti-plasma vibe here. Is it just because it's old tech/ceasing manufacture, or is it from bad experiences? Just curious... I'm leaning heavily towards a 55'' Samsung H7150 LED (the highest end 2014 model that doesn't have unnecessary luxury features).

Now I have to scoot down to the local Best Buy and see one in person.

was

Adventurer
The nice thing about Best Buy is that they have a really good price match policy. If you decide on a model, check their policy out and see if you can find a better price. I recently bought some software and they matched the amazon.com price. I brought in a print out of the product. It saved me a bundle.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm noticing an anti-plasma vibe here. Is it just because it's old tech/ceasing manufacture, or is it from bad experiences? Just curious...

They're old tech that is overpriced for what they deliver in terms of picture quality, longevity, energy consumption, etc.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I have never heard of a plasma leaking or breaking down. Does not matter, plasma is dead. Just read up a lot on sites, and do not stress it. The pictures today are apostle in general.

Janx

Hero
I got a 60" LCD from WorstBuy for $800 in January. There were 3 brands at that range.

120hz, smart TVs at that (and all I wanted was a dumb monitor actually).

Janx

Hero
Did you have them deliver it? If so, what did you think of the service?

I've got the model picked out, now it's down to where to order it from, ie Amazon or Best Buy.

Yup, got free delivery. It was 2 guys in a WorstBuy-mobile. Had to order it at the store because it wasn't in stock.

I got the Vizio, but Sharp and Samsung had comparable deals. I tend to stay away from Lucky Goldstar as I remember re-focusing their crappy VGA monitors in the 90's.

Mallus

Legend
Yup, got free delivery. It was 2 guys in a WorstBuy-mobile. Had to order it at the store because it wasn't in stock.
Do they unbox it & power it up before you accept delivery?

I got the Vizio, but Sharp and Samsung had comparable deals.
How do you like Vizio? They've got a 55'' 2014 model that's slightly more than half the price of the Samsung I'm considering. I've tried to see one in person, but the stores I've been to don't have that size (42'' and 65'' seem to be popular sizes).

Remove ads