• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for ways to increase a critical multipler

JiCi

First Post
I'm looking for ways to increase a weapon's critical multiplier, not the threat range. It can be from any feat, ability, magic and other sources.

Think you can help me ?

Dragonwriter

First Post
Master Thrower has an ability, available at 1st level that increases the multiplier of a thrown weapon. I think it's called Deadeye Shot, though I am not sure as I'm not looking at my Complete Warrior right now...

Dragondoom (from Draconomicon) increases a threat multiplier when fighting anything of the dragon type. It is the final piece of a small feat chain, all concerned with fighting dragons.

JiCi

First Post
You're right, it is Deadeye Shot.

Here's what I have so far
- Master Thrower's Deadeye Shot (Complete Warrior)
- Dragondoom feat (Draconomicon)

Thurbane

First Post
From the Miniatures Handbook:

Maiming: A weapon with this special ability twists and digs into the flesh of the creatures it strikes true. This weapon has a random critical multiplier for critical hits. If the weapon normally has a X2 critical multiplier, roll 1d4 each time you successfully score a critical hit to determine your multiplier. For weapons with a X3 multiplier, roll 1d6 to determine the new multiplier. For a X4 multiplier, roll 1d8.
Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, keen edge; Price +1 bonus.

Of course, it got nerfed when reprinted in the MiC.

There is also the Dragonhunter enhancement from the MiC that lets a bow deal x4 critical against dragons.

I can't put my finger on it, but I think there's also a spell (possibly Assassin, possibly in the Spell Compendium) that increases the critical multiplier of a weapon...

JiCi

First Post
From the Miniatures Handbook:

Maiming: A weapon with this special ability twists and digs into the flesh of the creatures it strikes true. This weapon has a random critical multiplier for critical hits. If the weapon normally has a X2 critical multiplier, roll 1d4 each time you successfully score a critical hit to determine your multiplier. For weapons with a X3 multiplier, roll 1d6 to determine the new multiplier. For a X4 multiplier, roll 1d8.
Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, keen edge; Price +1 bonus.

Of course, it got nerfed when reprinted in the MiC.
Well, a Greater/Superior Maiming property, as a +3 synergy enhancement, that supercedes the extra damage, could be a good alternative.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Alternatively, you can simply take an exotic weapon proficiency feat for some high-crit-multiplier weapon such as Dire Pick (CW) and Tigerskull Club (Frostburn).

VanRichten

First Post
I do believe a cavalier on the charging on a warhorse can do x5 Crit with a Normal Lance. Should you consider other feets like the Draconic ones you could easily bump this up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads