D&D 5E Lord Cupcake's Will

Page 36 of the 5e DMG reads:

"Travok and Kairon don't want to undertake a quest for Lord Cupcake"

What's with these uppity heroes dismissing quests from Lord Cupcake? Would have they done the same if Duke Smoothy or Count Hors d'Oeuvres had been involved? I think not.

The biggest question here, however: What was it that Lord Cupcake asked Travok and Kairon that made them dismiss his needs? Perhaps the horrors were too great to handle? Challenges too insurmountable to climb?

neobolts

Explorer
"The health conscious denizens of Fruit World are not like us. They have no appreciation for our high calorie, sugary sweet ways. We have learned that their is a traitor among us, Madam Raspberry Tart. This fruit consorting harlot must be stopped. She has set up a base of operations out past the Big Rock Candy Mountain, near the Chocolate Wonderfall. Arm yourself, but take heed, the sour grapes that stand guard are small but surprisingly strong. Move quickly, lest she call upon the aid of a powerful dragonfruit to help her."

Travok and Kairon push each other over in a mad scrabble for the door.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
My money is on adventure time reference. :)

BUT, though the DMG cautions against incompatible world and PC naming in the interests of campaign tone, I confess to a kind of gleeful curiosity about the idea of a campaign featuring the adventures of a group of hard-bitten high-fantasy mercenaries in a world of candy and puns.

"Travok gritted his teeth as the tutti-frutti terrasque's sugar-crusted claws batted him aside like a child's plaything. He landed amid the rubble of what was once a busy and prosperous town of taffy-people, cushioned by their soft, stretchy remains. His face bleeding in sticky rivulets, he uttered a solemn curse to the gumdrop gods and brandished his skittle-saber. 'COME FACE ME YOU COWARD' he cried to the frosting wizard that rode the creature."

Hehehehe.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Lord Cupcake: "Thomas À Biscuit, The Archbishop of Camembert, thwarts me at every turn! He advocates for healthier morning meals to start one's days, as opposed to my delicious pastries! His proselytizing even includes recommending a simple recipe, his Breakfast of Champignons- small pies of mushrooms, egg, bacon and cheese!

Will no one rid me of this turbulent Quiche?"

Travok and Kairon push each other over in a mad scrabble for the door.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I wonder how Travok and Kairon would handle invading Blancmanges, intent on dominating the local sports scene?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"...Move quickly, lest she call upon the aid of a powerful dragonfruit to help her."

The only dragon fruit I would fear would be Dragonfruit Z.

Also, at the risk of Godwinning the thread, has anyone contemplated the existence of Nutzis? Especially the Boys from Brazils?

"Damnit, Cupcake!", Travok smashed his fist against the sugar-frosted wall. "Don't you realise we're dealing with the Rise of Teacake? The Tea-Rani of Dragons? We simply can't afford the time to go back to Flandalin!"

But Lord Cupcake was sore afraid. If the rumours were true, and the legendary Le'mon Drizzt C'ake had indeed turned coat, then the armies of the Underbake would be upon them any day now!

Remove ads