D&D 5E Lore Bard Magical Secret Picks

lall

Explorer
6) Eldritch Blast - Nice so that you don't have to worry about resistances/immunities, except for Helmed Horrors. An attack, which will generally hit at higher levels.
6) Guidance - Help party with any abilty checks and adds to initiative.

10) Acid Splash - Useful when you can't see baddie.
10) Sacred Flame - For when baddie is visible, but behind total cover. Also, good when in melee as not an attack and rarely resisted, though one baddie in the new book is immune to radiant.

14) Firebolt - To damage objects.
14) Banishment - Use it to get out of Demiplane after a long rest. Could steal Plane Shift instead, but my bard doesn't carry items.

18) Demiplane - To store clones and long rest.
18) Wish - Primarily for Clone and spells that have M/$ requirements.

I don't steal Counterspell as all it takes is two baddies with Counterspell to shut me down. Best for sorcerers with Subtle Spell.

ThestiasGaming

First Post
I'm playing a Lore Bard x/Rogue 1 right now; she's a half-drow member of Bregan D'aerthe, and really loves to learn all kinds of new things whenever and however she can. Since she's really the only healer/support-type of the group (that I know of thus far), I'm probably gonna be picking up Eldritch Blast and either Revivify or Mass Healing Word. Her picks 10+ are going to be things like Shield and Shield of Faith; I'm trying to keep her somewhat balanced with support and damaging spells

Keaerin

First Post
I found the following spells to be great picks for the bards I played.

Fly, Fireball/lightning bolt, Dragons Breath, Haste, Revivify, Spirit Guardians, Animate Dead, Blink, Guidance, Eldrich Blast, Hex

Remove ads