• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost 4E Style: Kinslayer--Round 6: All PCs up!

Oni

First Post
Lorn silently nods in agreement with the proposed direction.

[sblock=ooc]

I'll have spent 1 healing surge then to bring back up to full. I think I should have 0AP since there was no milestone and I spent one at the beginning of the last fight. I seem to spend them like candy. :)

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19, Fort:13, Reflex:17, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:3/7
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Magic Missle
Scorching Blast
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Icy Rays
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Power Jewel (Must have reached a milestone today)

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Xandren nods at the proposed direction. "It would be unwise to leave potential enemies at our back while we explore the lower level. I will lead the way."

The warforged throws open the door. It slams against the wall, and the warforged calls out, "Hobgoblins! Three of them on the right of the room!"

The rest of The Lost, behind Xandren in the hallway, find it hard to see into the room. The room is lit by torches and you can make out the edges of bamboo cots and bunks.

Initiative: Round 1
Lorn: 23
Thormir: 18
Stellan: 16
Hesh: 15
Xandren: 14
Hobgoblins: 11

Stellan 38/44 hp; 4/10(11) surges; 1 AP
Xandren: 41/42 hp; 6/11(10) surges; 2 AP
Hesh: 35/36 hp; 5/9(9) surges; 1 AP
Thormir: 39/42 hp; 6/11(10) surges; 1 AP;
Lorn: 24/31 hp; 4/7(7) surges; 1 AP;

[sblock=map notes/ooc]I've only got the area of the map that Xandren can see, that's why part of the wall and why the hobgoblin's aren't on the map. For Lorn and those that go after him, go ahead and take your move action, and I'll expand the map and add the hobgoblins. For the first person to enter to the room: It might be wise to yell out what you see.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 2.xls
    21 KB · Views: 110

Oni

First Post
Taking a deep breath to steady his nerves, Lorn rushed into the room. Contrary to the stereotype of wizards as cautious, methodical planners, his time in the field for Cyre had quickly taught him that it was often better to act, than react.

[sblock=ooc]

Lorn will go down along the wall to the left of the doorway as far as his move action allows (not quite sure where he's considered to start) assuming that the situation is not so dire I'd rather just turn around and come back out. :)

I think you need to update Lorn's health/surges/AP as per my last post.

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thormir moves forward cautiously, just behind Hesh, tryin' to see what's there. In the meanwhile, he picks a sunrod from his bag.

ooc: let's see what's there...

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lorn moves from the hallway into the room. Crude beds are up against the walls around the room. Several chests can be seen among forgotten food and animal hides. The northeastern part of the room narrows down to a choke point before widening into another room. Because of his position, the wizard can't see the contents of the second room. A pair of hobgoblins holding spiked flails and shields stand at the northern end of the room. A second hobgoblin holding a longsword and shield stand behind them.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay, having troubles with our internet.[/sblock]
[sblock=Oni]Updated your stat block, thanks for the catch! I just moved you into the room, you can still take your standard and minor actions.[/sblock]
[sblock=Stonegod]If I need to make an attack for you do you want me to use one of your encounter powers that can be used on a charge?[/sblock]
[sblock=Ata]Are you delaying until after Hesh then? The room is well lit with torches, you just couldn't see well from your position in the hallway. Sorry if I was unclear.[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 1
Lorn: 23
Thormir: 18
Stellan: 16
Hesh: 15
Xandren: 14
Hobgoblins: 11

Stellan 38/44 hp; 4/10(11) surges; 1 AP
Xandren: 41/42 hp; 6/11(10) surges; 2 AP
Hesh: 35/36 hp; 5/9(9) surges; 1 AP
Thormir: 39/42 hp; 6/11(10) surges; 1 AP;
Lorn: 31/31 hp; 3/7(7) surges; 1 AP;

Attachments

• Encounter 2 update 1.xls
    21.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Quickly sizing up the situation Lorn moved back along the wall, raising his staff up he called out to the shadows once more, drawing them from the corners of the room to coalesce around the hobgoblins, where they reached out, raking and clawing and trying to pull them down.

They're all together, watch out for my spell!

[sblock=ooc]

Grasping Shadows: Int vs Will [Burst 1 from H69] (Target Order: H1, H2, H3) (1d20+6=15, 1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=10)
Psychic Damage (1d8+5=6)and target is slowed until the end of your next turn. Effect: The bust creates a zone of writhing shadows that lasts until the end of your next turn. Each creature that enters the zone takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Do we have combat advantage from them being surprised by us bursting in? if so I didn't factor that in.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Realizing his companions have found more threats, Stellan moves in front of Xandren and does his best to break up the hobgoblins' formation. Remember, they're tougher when they're together, he says to the others.
[sblock=ooc] Move to I72, Thorn Strike vs. H2, hits AC 19 for 7 damage, and pull H2 to I71 if it hits.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Sotting the opportunity for a surprise attack, Thormir srints before Hesh and Stellan, and imposing his power on the nearest Hobgoblin, he draws a circle of fire with his finger in fron of himself; moments later, an orb of fire coalesces in the middle of the circle, then shoots like an arrow from a bow, and exlplodes upon hitting the unaware guardian, spreading scorching flames to his allies.

[sblock=actions] I'd like to act before Hesh and Stellan, as per my initiative; move to H72; minor: curse H2; standard: fiery bolt vs H2: 22 vs Ref, 22 fire dmg, and 5 fire dmg to H1 and H3[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Thormir Brassbeard, Dwarf Warlock 3
Init:+1 Speed:5 Insight:17 Perception:12, low-light vision
AC:15 For:17 Ref:15 Will:14
Hp:31/42+7t Surge:8 Surges/d:7/11
SW:1/1 AP:1 Item Power:1
Basic attack(ranged): eldritch blast +7 vs Ref,1d10+7 dmg, rng10
Basic/opportunity attack(melee): warhammer +3 vs AC, 1d10+1 dmg
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke
Vampiric embrace, Fey Bargain*, Fiery bolt
Flames of Phlegetos, Cape of the mountebank[/sblock]

Remove ads