LOST CITADEL 5E RPG Coming From Green Ronin

The Lost Citadel is a shared world horror setting. Launched in 2012, it was based on an idea of Jaym Gates, CA Suleiman and Ari Marmell, and features various branches - music, stories, art, and, now, a tabletop roleplaying game. Green Ronin will be producing the game, which will be a D&D 5th Edition game, and is slated for Winter 2018. The dark fantasy setting is based in Zileksa, "a land ravaged by death and undeath, where all that’s left of civilization has gathered behind the walls of the last remaining city of the living." Green Ronin is, of course, known for the tabletop RPGs Mutants & Masterminds, A Song of Ice and Fire, Blue Rose, Dragon Age, and for producing the 5E adventure Out of the Abyss for WotC. [Edit - I accidentally missed one of the creators from the paragraph above; apologies to Jaym Gates!]

The Lost Citadel is a shared world horror setting. Launched in 2012, it was based on an idea of Jaym Gates, CA Suleiman and Ari Marmell, and features various branches - music, stories, art, and, now, a tabletop roleplaying game. Green Ronin will be producing the game, which will be a D&D 5th Edition game, and is slated for Winter 2018. The dark fantasy setting is based in Zileksa, "a land ravaged by death and undeath, where all that’s left of civilization has gathered behind the walls of the last remaining city of the living." Green Ronin is, of course, known for the tabletop RPGs Mutants & Masterminds, A Song of Ice and Fire, Blue Rose, Dragon Age, and for producing the 5E adventure Out of the Abyss for WotC. [Edit - I accidentally missed one of the creators from the paragraph above; apologies to Jaym Gates!]

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 11.17.10.png

Here's the full announcement:

SEATTLE, WA (01/24/17): Green Ronin Publishing announced today that it has signed a licensing agreement to release a tabletop roleplaying game sourcebook based on The Lost Citadel, a transmedia shared world. The dark fantasy RPG will draw players into the setting of Zileksa, a land ravaged by death and undeath, where all that’s left of civilization has gathered behind the walls of the last remaining city of the living. The announcement was made by Chris Pramas, president of Green Ronin, and C.A. Suleiman, editor of The Lost Citadel.

“We are eager to bring a new dark fantasy setting to roleplayers and to offer Fifth Edition gamers a world they haven’t seen before,” said Green Ronin President Chris Pramas, “Lost Citadel is a perfect follow up to our work on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Dragon Age.”

“I came to know The Lost Citadel as a backer of the fiction anthology,” added Green Ronin General Manager Nicole Lindroos. “As soon as I saw it I recognized the potential inherent in the setting. I couldn’t be more pleased not only to bring Lost Citadel to roleplaying, but to have C.A. Suleiman himself on board as developer.”

“Since the Lost Citadel project went live, people have been asking about when it would come to gaming, and I’m excited to tell them that the moment has arrived,” said Suleiman. “As both a dark fantasy setting and a concept that’s expressly inclusive of women, I can’t think of a better fit for The Lost Citadel than Green Ronin, publisher of A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying and the Blue Rose roleplaying game. If their track record is any indicator, this could be the start of something big.”

Work is now underway on the first book, Lost Citadel Roleplaying, which introduces the setting and establishes its core rules and themes. It is scheduled for release in Winter 2018. All books in the series will use the Fifth Edition rules, but plans are in the works to offer fans of other popular RPG systems the means to play Lost Citadel games using those systems, too.
Save
Save
SaveSave
SaveSave

Is the Tales of the Lost Citadel fiction anthology going to be made available to the general public who missed the Kickstarter? I just looked for an eBook of it but had no luck finding it.

Absolutely. There were some unfortunate behind-the-scenes delays--part and parcel of the publishing industry, it often seems :blush: --but the book will definitely be made available for purchase in the near future.

Nikchick

Explorer
Absolutely. There were some unfortunate behind-the-scenes delays--part and parcel of the publishing industry, it often seems :blush: --but the book will definitely be made available for purchase in the near future.

In fact, I've said elsewhere so I might as well say it here, I want to make the anthology available to backers of the upcoming RPG Kickstarter, one way or another.

Zhern

Explorer
Not an official representative of GR, so this is not a formal/official answer.

But given the tentative schedule, and given the planned timing of the Kickstarter, I would say early 2018, not late.

Do not hold me to this, and certainly don't hold GR to this. I'm extrapolating, at best.
I pinged NikChick on Twitter asking if Winter 2018 meant early or late in the year and she did confirm early. I'm looking forward to this and will definitely be backing the Kickstarter.

Remove ads

Remove ads