D&D 5E Lost City of Barakus: Campaign Discussion and Advice

Thanks man....... If they don't end up coming out with a 5e version I highly recommend reading the Swords and Wizardry version instead of the 3.x version. There is far less crunch and so alot easyer to convert to 5e

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Thanks man....... If they don't end up coming out with a 5e version I highly recommend reading the Swords and Wizardry version instead of the 3.x version. There is far less crunch and so alot easyer to convert to 5e

That makes sense. I briefly looked at the swords and wizardry rules once and did like their OD&D old school feel and light touch on the rules.

Mistwell

I am sure you already know this, but they do have a 5e version of the campaign setting this is set in. The kickstarter was here.

Mistwell

Oh, that's right. The person who gave it to me for xmas said they were out of 5e at the time and that's why he got me the S&W

As far as I know they don't have Barakus itself in a 5e version, just the campaign setting it's set in. I wish they had a 5e version of Barakus - I'd buy it.

I'm know Frog God Games are looking at some retro coverings to fifth, and I think this was one of the top of the list. But it'll still be a while.

Edit: and the actual campaign setting is due to Kickstarter soon. All of the newer books cover snippets of areas, as well as having an adventure in it.
I've underlined the upcoming campaign setting, this list is from one of their recent releases

GENERAL RESOURCES

Swords & Wizardry Complete S&W

The Tome of Horrors Complete PF, S&W

Tome of Horrors 4 PF, S&W

Tome of Adventure Design

Monstrosities S&W

Bill Webb's Book of Dirty Tricks

Razor Coast: Fire as She Bears PF

Book of Lost Spells 5e

Fifth Edition Foes 5e

The Tome of Blighted Horrors* 5e, PF, S&W

Book of Alchemy* 5e, PF, S&W

THE LOST LANDS

Rappan Athuk PF, S&W

Rappan Athuk Expansions Vol. I PF, S&W

The Slumbering Tsar Saga PF, S&W

The Black Monastery PF, S&W

Cyclopean Deeps Vol. I PF, S&W

Cyclopean Deeps Vol. II PF, S&W

Razor Coast PF, S&W

Razor Coast: Heart of the Razor PF, S&W

Razor Coast: Freebooter's Guide to the Razor Coast PF, S&W

LL0: The Lost Lands Campaign Setting* 5e, PF, S&W

LL1: Stoneheart Valley PF, S&W

LL2: The Lost City of Barakus PF, S&W

LL3: Sword of Air PF, S&W

LL4: Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms PF, S&W

LL5: Borderland Provinces 5e, PF, S&W

LL6: The Northlands Saga Complete PF, S&W

LL7: The Blight 5e, PF, S&W

LL8: Bard's Gate 5e, PF, S&W

LL9: Adventures in the Borderland Provinces 5e, PF, S&W

QUESTS OF DOOM

Quests of Doom (Vol. 1) 5e

Quests of Doom (Vol. 2) 5e

Quests of Doom (includes the 5e Vol. 1 and 2, but for PF and S&W only) PF, S&W

Quests of Doom 2 5e

Quests of Doom 3 5e, S&W

Quests of Doom 4* 5e, PF, S&W

PERILOUS VISTAS

Dead Man's Chest (pdf only) PF

Dunes of Desolation PF

Fields of Blood PF

Mountains of Madness* PF

Marshes of Malice* PF

Other Products from Frog God Games You can find these product lines and more at our website, froggodgames.com, and on the shelves of many retail game stores. Superscripts indicate the available game systems: “PF” means the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, “5e” means Fifth Edition, and “S&W” means Swords & Wizardry. If there is no superscript it means that it is not specific to a single rule system.

* (forthcoming from Frog God Games)

Last edited:

Remove ads