• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost: Feb 09 2005{Spoiler Talk} TV

Crothian

First Post
X-files at least haad some great stand out episodes that didn't really tie into the big over all plot, this show doesn't have that.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I'm liking it fine, so far. Closure is good, or at least a few answers, but I'm just hoping for something that won't be a let-down after all the anticipation. So far, no 'mystery show' has ever managed to pull it off, but then again none has been as popular as this one is - the other were cancelled way before the episode count Lost has reached. Maybe this will be the first.

Ethan was better off dead. I think he's way too dangerous to be left alive for any period of time. Locke said that Ethan had way more woodscraft than he himself did, and Locke is probably one of the most dangerous people there.

I was glad to see Jack whup Ethan. I think Jack's been planning that since Ethan whipped him. Now he was ready for it AND his attitude has changed since that time. Makes a lot of difference.

Charley's backstory was pretty cool.

Dang, I was sure she'd have had the baby by now. She was, what, a day or so away from delivery when she disappered two weeks ago, wasn't she? I guess it's hard to estimate that sort of thing.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
David Howery said:
enough already! What's going on with the friggin' hatch they found buried? Why hasn't anyone gone to talk to the Frenchwoman? Why isn't anyone trying to find Blackrock? These people have all these burning questions to answer, and they sit around the beach or the caves all day.....

No-one but Locke and wassname knows about the hatch, and they are keeping it quiet for reasons we don't know.

The Frenchwoman is nuts and has guns. Not an ideal reason for seeking her out again.

They have no idea where the black rock is, but they do know there are other people hostile to them on the island. All the more reason to stick together. They're only burning questions to us, because we see a bigger picture than most of the characters. Heck, most of the people there are probably still thinking that they'll be rescued any day now, so why bother doing very much.

Mad Hatter

First Post
I like the slow pace of the show; instant gratifications blows harder than suspense. The tidbits are fun because you get to wait and stretch the gray matter a bit. I particularly liked Charlie's flashbacks. Jin seems to know that his wife is hiding something, I'd like to see a Jin episode.

Banshee16

First Post
WayneLigon said:
No-one but Locke and wassname knows about the hatch, and they are keeping it quiet for reasons we don't know.

The Frenchwoman is nuts and has guns. Not an ideal reason for seeking her out again.

They have no idea where the black rock is, but they do know there are other people hostile to them on the island. All the more reason to stick together. They're only burning questions to us, because we see a bigger picture than most of the characters. Heck, most of the people there are probably still thinking that they'll be rescued any day now, so why bother doing very much.

Ah ha....but they have five guns now :)

I'm not sure that anything good will come from having revealed that they've got the guns.

Banshee

LightPhoenix

First Post
Mad Hatter gets his wish, two episodes from now.

Also, to address the death, it would be ballsy to kill off a major character now, but realistically that's going to happen during May Sweeps, and no time else.

I certainly think they could have put Scott in the show a little bit more, and that it was a mistake thinking this would have much resonance when we barely knew him.

Also, without being very spoilerish, word is that they do indeed address some of the issues that people have brought up. February sweeps isn't very important... its main contribution to ratings is that shows start showing new episodes again, and therefore a guide to how much audience is retained. If you want big sweeping changes, stop watching now and start watching in May. Such is the curse of network TV.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Hey, I am just glad to see the group arming themselves, even if it was just pointy sticks, it was about time! ;)

Two people that had dealing with Ethen and had a lost of memory, Charlie could not remember all that happen to him and now Claire? Mmmmmm.

Was it just me or did Locke look like he had new found respect for Jack on keeping the guns hidden.

Caius

First Post
did anyone else expect Ethan to get up after being shot, all Terminator style? I did.

I find the show okay, but granted I missed 3-4 eps in the middle so the strain of no revelations isn't wearing on me.

I missed what's up for next week. Need to go look that up.

fett527

First Post
I'm sad I broke my string of starting this thread, but my car broke down and I had to take care of it...right after the show. So...

I'm surprised people are turning on this show this quickly. The mystery and suspense IS this show. I think it's just fine although I wouldn't mind if something was resolved it doesn't bother me yet. We get to the end of the season and 1) none of the main characters has bit it, 2) we still don't know what's in the hatch, 3) no one tracks down the french woman again, 4) no one tries to find the blackrock 5) no back story on Hurley (I know they'll get to it :D) then I'll get upset.

As for the episode itself I thought it was very enjoyable. Absence makes the heart grow fonder as I was looking forward to this a lot. My highlights were:

- Locke's smile at Jack when he gave him the gun.
- The return of Vincent. (Which kind of got glossed over after the death)
- Charlie's story. Thought that was well done. Puking in a copier!
- Charlie shooting Eathan. I must turn my brain off because I was surprised it was Charlie. I really thought it would be Claire holding the gun.

Problems (I agree with others here):
- The death meant little as we didn't know the character. No investment.
- Jack losing the gun. Rolled my eyes at that one. I can understand why he didn't shoot, for fear of hitting Claire.
- Jack being able to take Eathan who before then seemed Super human. They really should have had Jack beaten down and then everyone pulling guns on Eathan. Only thing I can guess is that Eathan looked exhausted for some reason. Even more so to me than before.

Last edited:

Remove ads