D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver campaign recaps (2019)

Nebulous

Legend
If I had a vote, I'd vote for finishing Lost Mine on Roll20. The satisfaction of finishing a campaign is something special, and it's nice to get something special in times like these.

I'm afraid I can't do it justice as I find the system still clunky. I have SO much planned above and beyond the Lost Mine though. When the PCs are victorious and return to Phandalin they will find it decimated by both Venomfang and the brutish white dragon from Icespire. The PCs will be 6th level now, and they have two dragons hunting them at once.

Nebulous

Legend
I honestly don't feel like I'm good enough yet at the online games to finish the arc of Lost Mine I've been setting up the past 6 months. Maybe with more practice I can return to it, but I'm hoping by August this thing will be settling down.

I can't even get the Wave Echo map to load in Roll20 for some reason.

I just use Zoom and do a screenshare of the map. I play theater of the mind with a map for reference, but we're not very tactical. From what I can gather, you're big into maps and minis, so I see why mastering Roll20 might be important for you.

Nebulous

Legend
By the way, that was a cool session. Did you run Wave Echo Cave straight or modify it?
It's heavily modified and a mix of old and new. There's no giants outside in the original, no talking void spiders, no upper level or elevator shaft. In the next session the PCs find an entirely new sublevel I added and a new plot course. I wanted to stretch Lost Mine in some new directions and it worked out pretty well.

Nebulous

Legend
I forgot to post. I have been up to my neck in learning Roll20 and running Forge of Fury. I am trying to do recaps for those two, but they end up being really short. I do screen shot sessions though and insert those.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
If I had a vote, I'd vote for finishing Lost Mine on Roll20. The satisfaction of finishing a campaign is something special, and it's nice to get something special in times like these.

Well, in the past month or so I've gotten pretty good at Roll20. I feel far more confident in using it, but I only have one player from the old campaign left. One moved away to a third world country, and the other three don't have the equipment to reliably get online. So I guess Lost Mine is on hiatus until the quarantine ends, and maybe past that, I don't know. It sucks, I had a lot of story left to tell in Lost Mine, but I'm hopeful to pick it back up again one day. I could always start a NEW campaign right at the Lost Mine entrance :)

I guess Lost Mine is on hiatus until the quarantine ends, and maybe past that, I don't know. It sucks, I had a lot of story left to tell in Lost Mine, but I'm hopeful to pick it back up again one day. I could always start a NEW campaign right at the Lost Mine entrance :)
Maybe make the Lost Mine the Forge of Fury?!?

Remove ads