D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - comments and complaints after read-through (spoilers)

Bobthelaw

First Post
Hi all,
To support this mission my party of 5 just drove off the dragon, Me V paladin lvl 4, sorc lvl 4, rogue (shortbow) lvl 3, cleric lvl 3, monk lvl 3. I do have a AC of 20 with shield. Me and the monk dashed upstairs after a little light talking to the dragon went to both sides and attacked well the casters & rogue attacked from below with ranged and hid in the room. Dragon was 40 ft above on the second lvl when we ran up he must have rolled a low initive we attacked caster did his best spells and the cleric and rogue got sneak attack/ b/c melee. The dragon attacked me b/c I insulted him disgusting whym, only hit with 1 attack of 3 for 12dmg, then we all attacked again, he turned around and breath weaponed the monk and rogue as the only 2 in his cone everyone has moved to the far corners at this point, they both went down the monk was 4hp from a total death. Then the 3 of us did more dmg and he flew away!
We all did mostly hit, DM plays it pretty close to the book didn't lower his AC or his hp as when we were tracking we did over 115pts of dmg to him. Personally we knew it was a risk and wanted to do it. I think overall the lost mines has been awesome in Craigmaw cave we actually climbed up the tunnel and fought the boss like right away b/c we couldn't get past the river passage trap. The bugbear almost killed me and the monk till I grappled him using my inspiration to make the role and threw him down the 30ft chimney pile driving him into the ground hurt me real bad and killed him. IT was awesome. Overall we are really enjoying everything still trying to figure out what to do if u insulted the Agath banish* and then we killed the necromancer at old owl well. Like really who leaves a bunch of zombies and a necromancer alive? P.S. The only thing we havnt done is craigmaw castle so off to their next!

aco175

Legend
Like really who leaves a bunch of zombies and a necromancer alive? P.S. The only thing we havnt done is craigmaw castle so off to their next!

Sad to say that my group of heroes left them alive after some parlay. I think they thought he was more powerful than he really was and he was played as just someone on expedition- with zombies.

Remove ads