Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
Dargon said:
We are ready to go, but excuse me for being so direct but are you alright Elise?

"Something doesn't feel right." Elise brushes it off and change the subject

"A few things we might get out of the way first off. Watches will eventually come up, I'd suggest Ces and Gil take the late night shift, I'll take morning for spells and Krit can take first. Also, Do any of you have horses or are we walking it?"

Last edited:

KriticalFailure

First Post
"On second thought, I am ready to leave now. We've are too indecisive. I vote we walk.""Horses may be wise, for it is a long journey. How do the rest of you feel?"

[sblock=initiative]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1284163[/sblock]

"First watch is suits me quite well." Krit ponders the situation for a moment as he scratches the stubble on his chin. "We seem to be overly indecisive. I say we walk so that we don't lose anymore time. I yearn for the road once again."

Last edited:

Sirhahn

First Post
I am not against walking, Gilanthus says. I for one, do not have the means for a horse and by walking we may pick up any details or tracks that would not present themselves from atop a trotting horse.

[sblock=Initiative]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1284570[/sblock]

The last watch suits me although I will need a full nights rest in order to study renew the arcane mysteries. Let us head out. Cesurius will you lead us.

SuddenDawn

First Post
OOC: It seems you are in agreement to leave immediately. You will have some inns and towns along the way, but not always. Are you prepared for the unsettled areas? How do you plan to cope? I am prepared to start your journey immediately, but I don't want it to come as a surprise when you don't have anything to eat. Dargon received a 50gp advance, which due to the lack of a divine spellcaster he has used on a potion of cure light wounds. If there are alternative supplies you would prefer, I would allow that purchase to be nullified.

Sirhahn

First Post
SuddenDawn said:
OOC: It seems you are in agreement to leave immediately. You will have some inns and towns along the way, but not always. Are you prepared for the unsettled areas? How do you plan to cope? I am prepared to start your journey immediately, but I don't want it to come as a surprise when you don't have anything to eat. Dargon received a 50gp advance, which due to the lack of a divine spellcaster he has used on a potion of cure light wounds. If there are alternative supplies you would prefer, I would allow that purchase to be nullified.

OOC: I'm stocked with two days of rations and I would rely on Survival checks (yummy nuts and berries for elves!) for those days where we don't come across inns and towns. Once we're adventuring, I'll suggest to the group that we hunt and forage to maintain our supplies. Here's my check for the first unsettled area we come across.
[sblock=Survival]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1284666[/sblock]If accepted, this would give the group 4 additional meals.

SuddenDawn

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Hunting is fine. Since no one has a WIS penalty, everyone can take 10 to provide food and drink for each day of travel. In this way no dice rolling is necessary. There are two wizards in the party and each will require 8 hrs of uninterrupted rest. Perhaps 4 3hr watchs each. A wizard can take a watch at each end. For Example: Elise, Cesurius, Krit,
Gilanthus.[/sblock]

Wasting no time the group leaves Orruss backtracking along the described route. The first four days are are tiring but not especially dificult for the group. Their leisurely pace allowing ample opportunity to gather food from the surrounding wilderness, thus preserving their stores of carried food.

The morning of the the fifth day they find that the the route becomes more rocky as it begins to enter mountain valleys. From the the description provided, they know that the mine still lies about 80 miles away entirely along these mountains.

OOC: I still need initiative from Elise and Cesurius. Besides a confirmation of the watch order. I also need to know how you will march, order scouting, etc.

KriticalFailure

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think Ces, as a rogue and better with his spot check should lead..Followed by both casters in the middle, i can bring up the rear.[/sblock]

Krit walks leisurely along the trail, occasionally glancing left to right, keeping an eye on his surroundings. As he walks, he hums to himself an old nursery rhyme. One that his mother used to sing to him when he was a small child. "A fine day it is Friends" Exclaims Krit after he finishes his song. He deftly grabs an arrow from his quiver and spins it around his fingers, then points it straight up, lining his eye at the noc of the arrow, to check the straightness. "A fine day indeed" he says again, more to himself than anyone else.

Dargon

First Post
[sblock= occ]
Ces will take the lead.
Ces is fine with being on the night watch if the moon is Illuminating the sky he will not light the watch fire.
Survival is the way to get food.
Ces is bringing along his Mule, if anyone want to store gear on it feel free but I suggest that someone in the middle leads it.
Init check
For some reason it made an other roll, anyway the right on is 12
Ces will be about 30 meters a head scouting.
I think a pre spot and search might be an idea
Spot 17
Search 18[/sblock]

I do not know much about wizardry Gill but if you need undisturbed sleep I would suggest you taking the evening watch with Krit and I on the night watch and Elise in the morning.

I am not against walking, Gilanthus says. I for one, do not have the means for a horse and by walking we may pick up any details or tracks that would not present themselves from atop a trotting horse.

And I agree with you, it would be easy too overlook any signs if we are on horseback.

Cesurius will you lead us.

Certainly Ces set off along the trail

Last edited:

SuddenDawn

First Post
The Action starts

Two days into the mountains and the adventurer's still have not found any sign that the Mithril Shipment ever made that far. The group continues to be able to provide for itself and the donkey.

The group makes camp for the night. Elise taking her customary first watch. As it wears on and her thoughts turn towards sleep, she hears an unmistakable sound of a footfall.

[sblock=OOC] Just because I have very quickly skipped over the first 6 days, do feel inhibit from posting any description of your's character's actions during that traveling time. Ces' donkey has a wisdom modifier of +0, so it can also take ten to gather the food it needs.[/sblock]

Remove ads