Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
Maybe ask about what roll the Kobolds play in the mines around here, and what people think about them. That all I can think of. We continue to the town.

thegreyman

First Post
The party continues on into the small village of Nar's Hold, which takes about 1 more hour to reach. The village itself is made of 50 to 60 small stone buildings, all of which look to be well built and maintained. Although it doesn't appear to be too busy at the moment there are a few humans and dwarves walking around at the moment.

Most of the buildings appear to be normal houses, although there are a few of other types. There is a large warehouse set up next to a very large forge or smelter, along with several smithies. All of those buildings run close to a small stream that trickles out of the higher mountains. Towards the center of town, there is one general store ("Lugdub's"), along with a decent looking inn ("Hammer and Tongs") and a rundown tavern ("The Stone Pit"). Parked alongside the Hammer is a fancy looking coach.

Dargon

First Post
"Yea but we will be better of with an alibi. Who we are and why we are here?" Ces shrugs his shoulder "I don't have any ideas, anyhow it might work without."

LogicsFate

First Post
Something close to the truth at least I'd hate to lie.... I got it, we're entrepeneurs investigating the mines in the area for buisness oppurtunities. Elise will head toward the tavern. Go by our regular names, so we don't mess up, anything else?

thegreyman

First Post
Upon entering the Hammer, you can see that will simple, the entire common room is clean and well maintained. About 10 tables are scattered around the room with several chairs sitting around each. There is a large fireplace on the wall directly away from the door and several large comfortable looking chairs set in front of it. On the left hand side of the door a bar takes up the entire side of the room with many types of bottles, casks, and barrels set up behind it. A staircase is on your right leading up to a second floor. There is one other door behind the bar that leads to the kitchen, thats what your stomach tells you from the smells coming from behind it.

Only one of the tables is occupied at the moment by two humans, who seem too preoccupied to even glance up. Behind the bar, a sour looking dwarf stands polishing a glass, and is scowling over in your direction. At the far end of the bar, an older human sits looking slightly drunk and he drains his mug. "Ah need anover one, Breg! And why don't you make it somefing stronger!"

The bartender switches his look over to the human, and his eyes become a hard stare before he clumps over to the human and tops off his drink. He then moves farther away from the human and gets back to polishing glasses, only glancing up at you occasionally.

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise straightens her shoulders, stands straight as an arrow and strolls in with the air of someone who owns the place. Saddling up to the bar. Trying to sound authoritative I ne... Her voice cracks I need a ale.

OoC: Sorry though I responded before. Thats what I get for relying on subscriptions.

thegreyman

First Post
The dwarven bartender turns and watches as you approach the bar, Elise. He stands for a few seconds after your request, finishing the current glass's cleaning before getting a new tankard. He moves and fills it from a cask that's noticeably smaller than the rest, before setting it in front of her. The ale itself is a pale gold in a dented pewter cup. "That'll be three coppers." he says in a gravely voice.

He stands there until you've taken a sip/drink and put the glass back down before saying, "So what brings you four into Nar's Hold? You here just for pleasure? Can I get the rest of you anything?"

ooc: I'm not sure how much familiarity Elise has with ale, but if she tries it, it's pretty mild stuff.

LogicsFate

First Post
Ces, pay the man, and get something for yourself too. Turning to the man. Breg? I'm Elise. My men and I are on more of a buisness trip than pleasure. I guess that's a bit harsh, we're just in the area trying to find out about the surrounding mines. Elise leans in and smiles, softly she says. I don't suppose you'd be able to point me in the right direction.

OoC: Elise has a passing knowledge of drinks. Nothing specific but definitly not a teetotaler. So unless she downs a few mild ones or someone breaks out the hard stuff she should be fine. Best to stay un-loopy for now.

Remove ads