• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Poll - Take the raft or stay on the island?

Lost Poll, stay on the Island or take the raft?

The_lurkeR

First Post
Since we're going to be stuck with no Lost episodes for a month, I thought we'd try a new poll, reminiscent of the Beach / Cave one.

So how about it?

Would you stick on solid ground and wait for rescue, or take your chances on a a raft?

Personally I would stick to the island. You have plenty of food, water, and shelter so you should conceivably last for quite a while, as evidenced by the French lady. Of course you need to be on the lookout for monsters and maniacs lurking around kidnapping and killing people ;)

The raft option just seems like too big of a gamble to me. The Pacific is BIG, so if you don't get lucky and bump into a boat somewhere quickly, you're eventually going to run out of food/water, bake in the sun, or sink in a storm. :\

Sarigar

First Post
I've seen too many movies where they get on the raft. First thing they should think about is who will taste the best after cooking under the sun for weeks on end. Hurley jerky anyone?

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I'd say stay on the island myself, especially knowing that there's a) a radio transmitting tower somewhere on the island, b) other people on the island who have survived for a long time (even if they never did escape), and c) a power line feeding that radio tower that could conceivably be used for something else (despite the fact that no one's attempted to do anything about it thus far).

Of course, it would depend on how far from land they thought they were. Did they ever say how far, distance or time-wise, they were out of Sydney before they crashed?

Steverooo

First Post
And I would take the raft. Especially since I don't expect them to be able to leave the island. I'd have to try it, just to see whether or not it could be done!

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Well, I like a lot of other people over the years have made the joke/criticism of the "Gilligan's Island" group, saying "If the Professor was so smart then why didn't he build a boat?" So that alone is sufficient reason for me to vote the Boat option.

Add to that the others on the Island, the bears, the boars and the possible monster, and that gives me even more incentive.

Now as a viewer of the show, I think leaving on the boat would make for a nice season finale. Then the first three or four episodes could alternate between those on the boat and those on the Island. Then a typhoon will come along and wash the boat back to the Island.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I would stay on the island - yea, there is risk but if I found myself in good health overall living a good life, I think I would go native, I have seen every Gilligan's island, I think I can be the Professor. :D

Ambrus

Explorer
I'd probably stay on the island myself. The risk of simply starving/drowning/dying on the boat is too great. If the people on the raft are lucky and do happen to bump into a ship then they'll send back help for those who stayed behind. Either way it's a win-win for those who stay on the island; either they survive where those on the boat do not or they eventually get rescued. With 40+ people on the island, it's inevitable that someone will build a boat and try to escape so why take the risk yourself? No Hurley Jerky for me. :]

Remove ads