• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Poll - Take the raft or stay on the island?

Lost Poll, stay on the Island or take the raft?

fba827

Adventurer
raft seems too much of a gamble, as others have said - and i tend to be the kind of person that plays the safer end of things. plus, i can't swim well. plus if those brave enough to go on the raft do make it, i would console myself with the idea that they could tell potential rescuers...

Arnwyn

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
I'd say stay on the island myself, especially knowing that there's a) a radio transmitting tower somewhere on the island, b) other people on the island who have survived for a long time (even if they never did escape), and c) a power line feeding that radio tower that could conceivably be used for something else (despite the fact that no one's attempted to do anything about it thus far).
Yes, I'd stay on the island, and this is exactly why.

(And as a side benefit, I could continue to enjoy staring at Sun and Kate. ;))

Rackhir

Explorer
I'd have to go with the "No attempt to leave the island is going to succeed" crowd. We don't know what exactly is going on, but I think it's pretty clear that they are not there purely by accident. What ever is going on, they aren't going to be able to leave until it's finished with them.

stay on the island. I've read several true stories about people who were stranded on isolated islands in the Pacific and went out on rafts to get help.... most were never seen again, while those who stayed put all eventually got rescued....

John Crichton

First Post
I have a different take: Locke was "cured" and is now able to walk. I have a similar medical problem that keeps me from doing things that are more phyiscal. Nothing as bad as having my legs not work. But it still prevents me from doing things like swimming, playing any kind of contact sport for a prolonged amount of time (even low contact like basketball) or even doing many kinds of exercises. And yes there are ways around my problem but it takes a tremendous amount of effort and as a former player of many sports/activities it's a huge pain.

That said, if the island "cured" me in the same way I'd probably never want to leave. If not, I'd have to try and make it back to civilization as soon as possible or I'd die. Since the island does tend to give people what they want (on some level) I voted stay. That and there is a mystery to be solved. :)

And I hate sailing and large bodies of water as they make me physically ill. Last time I was on a boat tour I could get anywhere near the edge. I just sat in the middle trying not to feel sick.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
I'd stay on the island only to find a more certain means of escape. the raft can't work. the Pacific is thousands of square kilometers of nothing. The chances of being picked up on a 5mX5m hunk of wood in all of that are exactly zero. It's suicide and I would actively try to discourage anyone from trying.

However I wouldn't stay on the island because of its secrets. i don't care about those. I just want a certain means of escape ad would use anything and anyone I could to secure it.

dravot

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
I'd stay on the island only to find a more certain means of escape. the raft can't work. the Pacific is thousands of square kilometers of nothing. The chances of being picked up on a 5mX5m hunk of wood in all of that are exactly zero. It's suicide and I would actively try to discourage anyone from trying.
Hey! It worked for Tom Hanks. :cool:

Remove ads