• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Season Finale

WizarDru

Adventurer
Banshee16 said:
Is it possible you're thinking of the hatch, which came tumbling out of the sky and almost hit Charlie and Claire? But that happened *before* the guys in Siberia or whatever were shown..

Look upthread.

thud13x

First Post
In re: to the Portugese questions, my wife, who is Brazilian, states that the accent was Brazilian and not from Portugal. Of course, she is upset, because the actors are not native speakers and she feels that it ruins the moment for her. This actually happens more times than you'd think.

In re: to the are they in the Antartic, I know that both Chile and Argentina have bases on the peninsula that sticks out towards South America, but I am not sure that Brazil did. But then again it might be a Widmore Industries paid base and not something done by the national government.

NK

Fast Learner

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Well, there might be a resort on the other side of the island, but there definitely is some form of beast/security system in the jungle, which has a habit of eating people it runs across.
Yes, but the role player (and Boy Scout) in me can't figure out why they haven't followed the beach around. As far as they know, they're in a Hawaiian national park. I mean, in the show. :)

ThirdWizard

First Post
Mistwell said:
Libby goes crazy and or goes into psych house to get her revenge on Hurley

My problem with that is that it seems like Hurley hasn't been rich for very long. I was always under the impression that it had been a year or less since he used the numbers in the lottery. That would put the Desmond flashback long before the psyche ward. Do we have any idea on the timeline concerning Hurley?

KaosDevice

Explorer
Fast Learner said:
Yes, but the role player (and Boy Scout) in me can't figure out why they haven't followed the beach around. As far as they know, they're in a Hawaiian national park. I mean, in the show. :)

Well, Sayid did start to follow it around but then got distracted by a cable and kidnapped. I agree though, I would have made circumnavigation of the island pretty much job one.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
ThirdWizard said:
Do we have any idea on the timeline concerning Hurley?

Hard to say. The best we can go on that I'm aware of is Sun and Jin's first story, which featured the time that Hurley won the contest on a television. It seemed to be fairly early in Jin's career with Sun's father- it is the night he got her a dog. So, based on how much the dog aged in that portion of the flashback to when we next see them before they leave Korea for Los Angeles? Does that narrow it down?

Speaking of which, I just remembered- I'd heard reports that we were supposed to see a moment this season when Sawyer was involved with the woman who drew the lottery numbers for Hurley (who is, in real life, the actor that plays Michael's wife. The woman with the lottery numbers, not Hurley). I don't recall seeing that event in the Sawyer episode we got this season, but I may have missed it. Anyone else recall?

Droogie

Explorer
Rugger said:
RE: the button and electromagentics- I'm betting that the Hanso Foundation managed to somehow use the existing EM conditions of the island to hide it from outside eyes. Otherwise, why the heck have a failsafe switch? And the minute that it gets thrown, the island is found...
I like this idea.

Also, everyone seems to be talking about Dharma Initiative like it was an actual experiment that was abandoned. I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist at all- its a front for whatever the real work is, which probably involves the others. Walt was right about them being "not who they say they are". Their village and the hatch in the village were fake. The pearl was obviously bogus- whoever was tricked into working that station did so in vain as all the notebooks were dumped in the forest.

Only thing is- Henry Gale didn't seem to know anything about the Swan hatch. Guess he could have been lying.

Demmero

Explorer
BlueBlackRed said:
For another what-if, maybe the stewardess was in on the intentional-crash theory and she rigged the plane to go there. But I don't remember what happened to her.

Her name was Cindy. She was with the Tailies but she disappeared as they were walking through the jungle to join the Losties.

The author of the novel "Bad Twin" was allegedly involved with her and dedicated the novel to her. She also has a cameo appearance in the book.

The question is, was she kidnapped from the jungle or did she disappear because she didn't want to meet up with the Losties and possibly her lover? Maybe she does have something to hide.

--Not Demmero but his Evil Sis >:)

Hairfoot

First Post
Blimey. I've seen 2 episodes, and I craved more each time. I'll wait til it ends and read the wiki spoilers.

This is why I don't watch television. Too much life missed in front of a photon machine.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads