• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lots and Lots of Spells Converted to 5e

the Jester

Legend
1) In your summon monster list there are some homebrewed creatures. I recognized those from reading through their entries on here a while back, but others might get confused. I think it would be a good idea to mark said monsters and tell people who are interested in using them, where they could find the corresponding profiles.

Thanks for pointing this out- it never even occurred to me to mention this.

2) The spell 'divine castigation' is, in and of itself, okay. But combined with the "Tunnel Fighter" fighting style from the new unearthed arcana (Underdark) article it becomes a little bit too good in my opinion. While I realize that not every table is going to run into this issue (DM rulings and all that), I would love to see a more elegant solution. Perhaps making the spell duration depend on concentration could fix this problem. Or perhaps I am just being a bit over cautious here.

I haven't yet looked over the Tunnel Fighter style. I'll check it out and evaluate it. However, given the "one reaction per round" rule, it's only a single extra attack per round; does that alleviate your concern?

I'll have to look at the Tunnel Fighter benefits and see where the issue is.

EDIT:
3) The spell 'dispel exhaustion' is worded somewhat strange in places.
"In addition, the target gains abonus action each round that it can use to move half its speed." Is this another option on HOW to use a bonus action, or is this supposed to be an ADDITIONAL bonus action? If so, then could this additional bonus action be used for other stuff (flurry of blows, cunning action etc.)

You only ever get one bonus action, even if you have a ton of different things that give you one. For instance, if you're a multiclassed rogue/barbarian/monk (assuming you're high enough level), you can choose to rage or use a flurry of blows or use a Cunning Action option. This just adds another choice to the menu.

"When the spell expires, each target loses its remaining temporary hit points, if any, and its exhaustion returns to its previous level." I suppose by exhastion returning to its previous level it is intended to regain any previously aquired exhastion levels PLUS the ones gained during the duration of the spell right? If I were, for example a Beserker and had 2 levels of exhaustion when my party bard puts this spell on me, my exhaustion would temporarily vanish. If I were to then enter frenzy for, say two times during the spell and thus gain 2 new levels of exhaustion. Would I return to my previous exhaustion level of 2 (and basically stay the same) after the spell expires or would I regain those two levels, thus having a total of 4 levels of exhaustion?

Another nice catch- the intent is that you regain the (up to two) levels of exhaustion that the spell temporarily dispelled.

Thanks very much for the feedback!

Neyd

First Post
Thank you very much for your in depth clarifying answers. The Tunnel Fighter Fighting Style basically allows you to make opportunity attacks without expending your reaction.

We have a polearm Fighter who already uses this to somewhat concerning effects but in conjunction with your 'divine castigation' spell this could be better than intended. I would not really call it "gamebreaking" but maybe you could word the spell as to make it a reaction instead of an opprtunity attack, similar to the 'sentinel' feat.

Well maybe the Tunnel Fighter will never see the official light of day or be nerfed as to not make this a real concern, I just thought I point it out.

Do not misunderstand me, I absolutely do not intend to bash your hard work. In contrary I (and my whole group) are positively in love with nearly everything in this Spellbook. But exactly for this reason I find it important to give you some feedback.

the Jester

Legend
Thank you very much for your in depth clarifying answers. The Tunnel Fighter Fighting Style basically allows you to make opportunity attacks without expending your reaction.

We have a polearm Fighter who already uses this to somewhat concerning effects but in conjunction with your 'divine castigation' spell this could be better than intended. I would not really call it "gamebreaking" but maybe you could word the spell as to make it a reaction instead of an opprtunity attack, similar to the 'sentinel' feat.

Excellent feedback and a great solution. I'll implement it.

Do not misunderstand me, I absolutely do not intend to bash your hard work. In contrary I (and my whole group) are positively in love with nearly everything in this Spellbook. But exactly for this reason I find it important to give you some feedback.

No worries, I appreciate the feedback! I'm always down for constructive criticism.

Remove ads