ZEITGEIST Loving Zeitgeist

nayrelgof

First Post
I finally managed to wrangle a group for Zeitgeist. After our second session, I've noticed that my players are focusing more on the story and what they want their characters to do than on those things written on their character sheet. They're talking, rather than saying "I use diplomacy". For the first time ever in my 4e experience, my players are role-playing first and roll-playing second.

Why?

1. The very first scene requires role-playing, and only falls to combat if they fail. I think this sets the tone for the whole campaign.

2. The NPCs aren't just name, gender and combat abilities. They have clearly defined, easily role-played character traits, which makes them feel like characters, rather than a reason to move to the next encounter.

3. There's enough detail in each area that even a DM with poor improv skills can easily reward player creativity.

WotBS, while very good, has not given a similar effect, because it has always felt like a typical combat-first adventure with a good story behind it.

Remove ads