[LPF] About a Cow

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arradon pierces the eye of the augur kyton and his repeated stabbing leaves the creature little more than a jellied smear, bent plates, and broken chains scattered across the floor. With the dangerous little creature destroyed it is short work to surround and kill or capture the two remaining kobolds.

Rak'tan is still unconscious but seemingly stable where he lies on the floor. Aelspeth, Arradon, and Autumn face an unknown tiefling woman who aided them with the kobolds.

Searching both the lower and upper rooms turns up a few trinkets that might bring some coin if sold in the markets in Venza. Otherwise, these rooms are both fairly common living quarters for kobolds. There is one exception: a secret door, spotted by Arradon, in the ceiling of the lower room. Its distance from the floor will make it difficult to reach.

GM: Combat over!
Autumn levels to 3 (3,304 xp on 12/8/2015)
Rak'tan levels to 2 (1,427 xp on 12/12/2015)
Congrats and feel free to level up.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Starlight Keep level two
j3nBPP.png

Starlight Keep level three
F9INx8.png
[/sblock]

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 10/26 + Bleed
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 3/13 [4 non-lethal] Unconscious
Erin: hp 10/14 [5 non-lethal]

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Can Autumn meditate for an hour in the tower and get her new spells? How high is the secret door? Do I get the new hp from leveling?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Presuming the party agrees to spend the time, Autumn could fill her open spell slots by spending 15 minutes (normally an hour but her open slots equal less than 1/4 of her available slots so the time is reduced). The secret door is 20 feet from the sloped portion of the floor. Autumn does get her new hp from leveling but still retains any damage that she has taken until healed.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

After the battle, first she asks Aelspeth for the wand back, so she can heal Rak'tan. Whispering the command into the magic device causes healing energy to fill the fallen tiefling's body. Uncomfortable in most social situations, she leaves introductions with the new tiefling to her companions. Squinting in the dimming light, Autumn takes a minute to cast light spells until satisfactorily illuminated.

Afterwards, Autumn silently goes about collecting her lost arrow and her armaments she dropped. She takes note of the secret door. "Guys, I have a strange feeling I-I-I can get up there.... somehow. Can you g-give me a few minutes to think about it." She quietly sits down where she is, and crosses her legs and closes her eyes. Autumn thinks about many things. Her failed jump, all of the magic in the wand. The existence of this dungeon. The haunted kitchen. The Jezz family. The unique creature. She breathes in, and out. Clarity.

About twenty minutes go by, and she feels a spider crawl up her arm. She opens her palm and invites the spider into her hand. She gently closes her fingers and smiles. She whispers to the spider. "Thank you."

With a burst of speed, Autumn begins to effortlessly scale the wall! Somehow, her hands and boots magically attach themselves to the side of the keep and she reaches the ceiling in no time at all! Before she goes about opening the door, she studies it intently first, conscious of the traps that have been planted so far. If safe and unlocked, she opens the secret door and peers inside, casting light if necessary.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Heal Rak'tan (9)
Cast Light on random spots all over the two chambers.
Gather all belongings.
Meditate for twenty minutes.
Cast Spiderclimb
Climb wall
Investigate secret door (17)
Open secret door
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC (Edited)]I didn't pick feats or skills yet, but I updated the basics on my stat block to keep the adventure moving. Is that alright? I'll finish up the level early this week.

Choices are locked in, just waiting for approval![/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Rak’tan is considerably restored when Autumn uses the wand on him.

After Autumn’s amazing use of magic to scale the wall she is able to study the secret door up close. It looks like she will be able to open it but a whiff of something like the rot of deep caves tickles her nose. Despite the faint odor it doesn’t appear that the kobolds have had any contact with this door.

Not expecting any traps, Autumn opens the door. It flies open from the weight of what rested upon it almost knocking Autumn from her perch on the wall. If not for her magic it is quite possible she could have lost her hold and fallen. Instead, a mass of guano, centipedes, roaches, and young scorpions rains down and splatters on the floor. A sussurus of flapping wings grows loud and then faint as nesting bats fly from the room above and out some unseen way.

When it is clear Autumn peeks into the room. The smell of disturbed guano is overpowering but the bats have, for the moment, left. Inside, the room is partially collapsed and the stone and earth make a narrow divide that leads to the upper room. Autumn can’t see all of it from her position but from the glow above she can tell there is a break in the tower wall, a window, perhaps, that allows in the light from outside.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Starlight Keep level two
j3nBPP.png

Starlight Keep level three
F9INx8.png
[/sblock]

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 10/26 + Bleed
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 12/13
Erin: hp 10/14 [5 non-lethal]

[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Feeling consciousness return to his body Rak'Tan quickly jumps back to his feet. "Well, it would appear that I am still alive. I owe you all my life, I would surely have perished in this place had I not met you all." Spotting another of his kind, a female to be exact, a look of shock finds it's way onto Rak'Tan's face. Looking back to his companions he asks with a disarming smile "And who might this beautiful creature be?"

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
The kyton defeated, Arradon crouches and carefully picks up the wrapping that had been covering his tattoo. It appears to be a hand-woven scarf of some kind of silken material with a leaf-like pattern. He gazes at it a moment before carefully winding back into place around his upper arm, once again concealing the mark. He applies pressure to the wound on his forearm in an attempt to stop the bleeding, but a thin rivulet of blood still trickles from the wound. Placing his back against a nearby wall, he sits down to rest while Autumn clambers up the chamber wall to explore the hidden room.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Heal:[roll0]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Bleed (1d2)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

"Guys, give me a minute and I'll let you know what's up here." Gulping in disgust at the smell of bat droppings, she peers inside and takes a look around. Hopefully safe, she climbs inside the chamber and studies the area intently, searching for anything interesting, magical or not.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Perception: 27
Knowledge Dungeoneering: 11
Detect Magic
Knowledge Arcana if anything magical: 12

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Word of the Day: Sussurus[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

After the rush of danger recedes, Aelspeth nods in acknowledgment of Rak'Tan's gratitude. She checks over the second newcomer with a queer expression. "Stranger bedfellows..." she seems to mutter to herself. "Welcome, Lady, and thank you for your timely intervention.". The elf woman looks around at her companions and then points to each in turn, saying, "We are Autumn, Arradon, Rak'Tan, and Aelspeth." The tiefling warrior speaks up then, with perhaps the threat of a flirtatious tone. Aelspeth pauses to gauge the horned woman's reaction.

After making introductions and accepting Erin into the party, Aelspeth watches Autumn begin to meditate. "I suppose this is as good a time as any to study," she says to the room at large. Oddly, the room itself seems to swallow her words. Perhaps it is the strange material of the old tower walls, or perhaps the mountains of guano and kobold refuse. She commits little thought to the matter, instead seeking comfort in the familiar ritual of priming spell energies for later execution. While she studies, she whispers arcane words and gestures intermittently. Darwin sits in her lap all the while, leaning over the worn spellbook as if he too is committing something to memory.

Shortly before Autumn finishes meditating, Aelspeth closes the leatherbound book with a deliberate motion and stows it. She moves over to the position where Arradon is resting and offers him a handful of dried fruit and nuts. "You know," she begins awkwardly. "I had forgotten to keep hydrated through that first leg of exploration." She drinks deeply from her canteen and presses the cork back into place. She moves as if to put the canteen away, hesitates, and then holds it out toward the other elf. "You, ah...You lost quite a lot of blood. I'm sure you must be parched." It is obvious that she wants to say more but lacks the words. Whether or not she noticed the exposure of Arradon's tattoo is unclear.

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 17/18 (5 nonlethal)
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +7
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC), ioun torch, unseen servant
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (15/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
2nd Level: Glitterdust, Levitate, Levitate
Consumables: Wand of CLW -5 (-1 for Autumn, -1 for Rak’Tan, -1 for Arradon), Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon nods in acknowledgement during the introductions. He spends most of the time propped up against the wall trying not to strain himself. He accepts the nuts from Aelspeth and quickly devours them. When she proffers her canteen he grins weakly before producing his own from the folds of his cloak. He takes a long pull from it before secreting it away once again. "Thanks." After sitting in silence for a few minutes he produces the silver ring from the collapsed passage earlier. "What do you make of this trinket? The way things have been going I'd bet it's cursed."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
GlassEye, am I allowed to take 20 to stop the bleed effect?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Bleed (1d2)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]

Remove ads