[LPF] About a Cow

GlassEye

Adventurer
Jezz, Venzan Farmer

[section]
Jezz stands looking blankly at Arradon for a moment as his mind catches up to what his eyes witnessed with quickly produced and vanished blades. Then his face cracks into a broad grin and he nods enthusiastically. "Oh, yes, that be good, sir! Tricky to match tricky! You be welcome here!"

When another elf comes up and greets Arradon Jezz bobs his head in greeting. "Morning, miss. He be in me h'employ. If'n you need work there be room for more..." It seems Jezz is of the attitude that more is merrier. It is about that time that he notices Darwin (indeed, it is fairly difficult to miss the golden monkey and his obnoxious antics); Jezz' amusement is unabashedly upfront and his guffaws loud.

After a moment Jezz peers eastward at the morning sun. He seems oblivious to the byplay between Autumn and Arradon and makes a motion that the group should get moving. "We don't hurry on, we be gettin' to me farm after dark an' the devil dogs come out at night."

Moving along takes a little effort: the streets are becoming more crowded by the minute as city dwellers move about the streets doing daily marketing and heading to their shops. Finally, the group passes through the big gate at the east side of the city and onto the long bridge that crosses over to the mainland.
[/section]

[sblock=Perception DC 15]A female face, wide-eyed and long hair waving in the bridge's undercurrent, can be seen just under the water's surface down at the foot of the bridge. There is just a moment to feel a surge of alarm and take a breath to call out but on second glance it is just an eddy of dark water and not a face at all.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Skysear, Merry has probably already answered your questions but the simple answer is 'Reply with Quote' and look at the formatting used. You can cut all the pieces you don't need, insert your own, and delete the quote tags. Done once, quoting your own previous post lets you keep all the formating you've done. A quick update, new IC content and you're ready to submit. Feel free to ask questions if you need better explanations.[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibus exits the inn door right behind his roguish friend after downing what was left of his ale. Exiting the door he sees the party heading for the city gates and quickly catches up to the group. "Aiy my comrades, let us be off on the grand adventure shall we!" As more members going the along the way Barnibus can't help, but smile greater and greater as more companions join in the group. "This is going to be a most amazing adventure if I do say so. This party is most assuredly worthy of the songs of battle. I dare say a fair display of swordsmanship there my friend, just watch where you be pointing them dagger and don't stab yourself. I have a habit of telling the truth in my grandeous songs and would hate for that little part to be added in a verse or two BWAHAHAHA!" Barnibus rears back in laughter and claps Arradon on the back as they maake their way along. "As you for you dear lady and your pet there...by the way what sort of creature is that? I have never seen its like before. It looks like one of our tundra rabits to the north or maybe more of the large squirrels that make their homes in the trees."

Barnibus remains in a chipper mood and continues to boistrously speak about the great deeds the group will accomplish on this adventure and how wonderful the songs of battle will sound once they begin the chorus of blood!

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

As they cross the bridge, Autumn pauses for a moment, staring into the water. Nonchalantly she readies her bow, hoping to draw no attention to herself. She feels much more afraid of the judgment of her new companions than anything the river has to offer. She takes this encounter as a warning, and keeps her bow readied.

[/section]

[sblock=Perception: 20]Something in the water by the bridge: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I thought Arradon responded to Autumn, not Aelspeth.... my bad sorry for the clutter.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[section]
Crossing the bridge to the mainland the crowds do not seem to be getting any thinner though the composition is changing. These people are ready for travel. A couple of miles out from the city at the crossroads of the Eastern Trade route and the Silver Road known as Baron's Cross is a mass of people, wagons, draft animals and mounts that fill the air with their noise.

Jezz sidles along the edge trying not to get caught up in the confusion or step on any road apples. The crowd is as varied as one on Venza's docks might be and the poor farmer often stops to stare until he comes to himself, ducks his head, and scuttles away and further down the road.

There is much to draw the eye of even seasoned travelers: a troop of seven dwarves, each leading a mule with heavy packs, just heading out and humming a marching tune; a small frog-like humanoid, one eye as big as a saucer, the other covered by a patch, darting between the hooves of much larger pack-beasts; a bold priestess of Cortessa with a scandalously low-cut blouse who blows a kiss to Barnibus; a high-sided wagon painted red with gold lettering that proclaims the 'Illustrious Lady Barnacle Players'; and much more.
[/section]
[section]
At the front of the disorganized caravan is an old man, red-faced and puffing in his anger. He wears an abundance of furs, an oddity in this season, which may partially account for his complexion. A finely outfitted carriage is stopped in the road with no apparent intention to move. It's driver is arguing with the fur-clad man.

"My charge insists on leading the caravan."

"Then lead away and get out of the road so I can get the rest of this motley lot on their way."

"She is not yet ready to depart."

The older man looks like he is about ready to explode.

Jezz slows a little but makes a wide berth around the carriage and arguing men.
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Not a problem, Francis John. Communication is key, so keep commenting and asking questions as needed. ;) You can be sure I'll do the same.[/sblock]

Skysear

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry to be a bother, but I have no idea how to roll on this site, or where I should put the roll in my post![/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn imperceptibly slinks behind Barnibus. She certainly wants nothing to do this confrontation.

[/section]

[sblock=Skysear]Make sure you use the same character name each time so it keeps a log and you can't be caught cheating! I put the URL info in an sblock.
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/

But to second Glasseye, the best way to learn is to reply with quote to someone else's post. Click on advanced reply and change what you need to and make sure you remove the quote tags.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Skysear]You can use an online roller and post a link (like FrancisJohn did in post #15 and following his advice above) or you can use the local roller using the [roll] tags. Close it with [/roll] and put whatever roll you need between the two tags. As for location, I prefer rolls at the bottom of your post.[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Aelspeth is mortified by Darwin's shenanigans. She hears Autumn's meek protest with wide eyes, mouth agape. "I am terribly sorry, Miss Autumn! Darwin is a drunken hooligan fit to make goblins proud." She glares once more at her hairy companion, who shoves a finger in her ear and grins triumphantly. She swats his tiny fingered hand and introduces herself hastily. "I am Aelspeth Noromiel."

The wizard turns back to her former companion, Arradon Delgaran, with a smile. "And I am pleased to hear that you are hale." Her expression shifts very slightly, taking a playful quality. "Dôl gîn lost. You call me "Little Sister" and you cannot have lived a day over one hundred fifty."

At the farmer's greeting, Aelspeth gives a shallow plié. "As a matter of fact, I could use some work. I have been in Venza just shy of a week this evening and already my purse grows light. I shall retrieve my horse and--" Jezz hurries the congregation of would-be heroes and Aelspeth falls into step between Arradon and Kristia, somewhat resignedly. With a meaningful look at Arradon, she mutters, "At least this time I have my pack. Tell me about these devil dogs."

The group travels out the city gate and down the road. Aelspeth looks up slightly at Barnibus's inquiry and says, "Darwin is a monkey, an animal vaguely like a gnome with a pelt. My studies indicate that many are playful but perhaps not as malfeasant as he." The elf woman is lost briefly in a memory before she continues. "I came upon him caged in a bazaar long ago. He was made to perform for people who had never seen his like and I thought his previous owner detestable. I prefer to think that I paid for his just release rather than having purchased him. By all rights, he may leave me at his leisure. But something binds us inexplicably. Were I to knowingly take a familiar, I would have chosen something with better manners. Being awakened in a sense seems to have brought out the worst in him." As she says this last, her tone belies any negative feelings. It is at least obvious that she cares for the critter.

When the party approaches the conflict at the head of the outbound procession, Aelspeth turns to Kristia. "Your face is pretty, youthful. Perhaps you can diffuse that disagreement before a murder turns this column into a violent mob? Jezz's devil dogs will have no quarry in us if we are trampled underfoot."

[sblock=Elvish]"Your head is empty."[/sblock]

[sblock=Lack of Perception]Perception: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
GE, I don't read skill sblocks unless I make the relevant roll for Perception, Knowledge, etc. Let me know if you prefer otherwise but I'm inclined to guess you would agree. Also, I apologize for the tremendous post. I didn't want to leave anyone out.[/sblock]

[sblock=Identifying Devil Dogs]I have my suspicions about the creatures and I wonder if the descriptors "scaly, tricksy, and dog-like" might have set anything off in Aelspeth's mind. I guess I'll throw in Knowledge (Planes) as well, on the outside chance Jezz is on to something.
K(Arcana) for "devil dogs": 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27
K(Planes) for "devil dogs": 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (as walking stick)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads