[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

perrinmiller

Villager
A dungeon crawl adventure near a small town

DM: Perrinmiller
Judge: Jkason

Heroes:
Qalabash Baram (GlassEye) - 1st Level Human Magus
Mystie Thissiledew (Satin_Knights) - 1st Level Gnome Oracle
Jonas Psalter (Mowgli) - 1st Level Half-orc Inquisitor
Mirra Weathersmith (Systole) - 1st Level Aasimar Alchemist


[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 8 Nov 2013 (7 Nov for Calculations) & Ends 24 Apr 2014
Qalabash starts at 963xp; Leveled 2nd on 26 Dec 2013 (1306xp);
Mystie starts at 963xp; Leveled 2nd on 26 Dec 2013 (1306xp);
Jonas starts at 1050xp; Leveled 2nd on 13 Dec 2013 (1302xp); Leveled 3rd on 20 Apr 2014 (3310xp)
Mirra starts at 210xp; Leveled 2nd on 31 Dec 2013 (1418xp);

Enc1: 800XP (31 Dec 2013)
Enc2: 1400XP (28 Jan 2014)
Enc3: 200XP (19 Feb 2014)

Total = 600xp each[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Enc1: None
Enc2: 3 Mwk Comp shortbow(+2 Str) (1575gp) with 60 arrows (3gp) = 1578gp
Enc3: 2 Sapphires (1000gp)
Reward: 50gp Each

Total = 694.5gp each[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards]

DMC = 11.76
Qalabash receives 2252xp & 2297.5gp
Mystie receives 2252xp & 2297.5gp
Jonas receives 2320xp & 2386.5gp
Mirra receives 2232xp & 2272.5gp
[/Sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ on-line dice rollers for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Please use the exact BBCode link Invisible Castle provides. This requires an Account at Invis Castle to add. Notes section of the Dice Roll should list exactly what the roll is for and the target designated (ie. "Bite vs. Orc 4") in the block that is provided when you are logged in. Including any variable modifiers that make the bonuses different than normal such as flanking, Point Blank Shot, or Penalty for firing into Melee. This is a good example: Spiked Chain vs. Orc 4 (Kn Dev & -2/+4 PA) (1d20+11=12, 2d4+10=14)
I do not want to take the extra time to click any extra links during my updates.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level, generally you may do so immediately once combat is finished. Subject to DM approval if the timing is okay. Regardless the date of actual leveling will not change even if use of the new level is delayed in IC action.

* Leveling up mid-campaign: This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.

* Game Mechanics should be placed in a sblock, leaving only IC content/narration & a character avatar in the meat of a post.

* Do not quote another person's IC content in your post narration.

* Tactical Grids will be using Ditzie, the players will be updating their movements themselves in combat and posting up the new URLs. Whenever you post IC, include the latest map even if your character did not move. This way everyone knows you are done with it. There is no limit to the number times we can update the map. Instead of editing a map link (unless you are the last post), please post a new link if you update again.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Villager
Adventure Background

Kingsholm lies at the base of a series of rolling foothills. No one knows how long the community has existed; Ian Turbrand, the owner of the Coronet and Cabbage Inn, insists that someone from his family has run the hostelry for more than three hundred years. Kingsholm appears much like every other town in the land, with one exception—its graveyard.

Built on and in the nearby hills, the graveyard has existed for centuries. Some townsfolk believe the graveyard predates the community, and nearly all the people living in Kingsholm evince a particular pride in that fact. Prominent individuals who die in Kingsholm have the honor of being interred in the graveyard's mausoleum, the centerpiece of the graveyard. Kingsholm's guards—known as sentinels— patrol the graveyard almost as frequently as they patrol the community's streets.

The most notable feature of the graveyard actually lies a little over a mile north of the town, high up in the hills. There stands the statue of an ancient king. No one in Kingsholm knows who he was or why the statue was erected there, but the townsfolk live in awe of the monument. Indeed, while the common folk have no fear of their maintained graveyard, few venture up to visit the forgotten king.

THE TOWN OF KINGSHOLM
Kingholm is a rich and sleepy little town that benefits from trade with nearby dwarf clans and peaceful relations with baffling traders and gypsies. It has many trading houses and storage facilities for minerals and other commodities.
Kingsholm (Small Town): Conventional; Align: LG ;
Population: 1,732; Mixed (75% human, 11% dwarf, 7% halfling, 4% gnome, 3% other).
Base GP Value 1,500gp limit

Image on Door:
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Villager
~ 5:00pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~


The gnome slides into the booth and waits for you to sit down with him.

"Hello, there. I am Gimble Pimmplepot. And as you might have guessed, I am not a very good gambler."
 

Systole

Community Supporter


Eventually, Mirra finishes transferring her ten assorted drinking vessels to the booth. "I don't know why everyone thinks gambling is hard," Mirra says between trips. "It's all just a matter of calculating probabilities. Like that game where you have to match a card with a picture on it and a one card? If you pay attention to the distribution of cards that have been dealt, then it's easy to make a profit in situations where the remaining cards have a distribution that is advantageous to the player." She pauses thoughtfully. "I never understood why that gambling hall got so upset when I won all that money that time. I mean, if they didn't want people winning, why didn't they make a more mathematically robust game?"

She looks slightly embarrassed. "I'm sorry for rambling. I tend to do that. You said something about a legend? Oh, and I'm done sampling the longberry wine, the dirac tea, and both of the bitters, if anyone wants them. The Stura bitters are mostly zanthan flower extract, so they're excellent for anyone suffering from irregular bowel movements."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person


Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Satin Knights

Villager
[section]
"Well, hopefully you are a better storyteller. Details, we will need lots of details. The last guy I worked for left out a few details, very important ones. And well, it can be safely said that today was not a good day for him."

In order to give Gimble a chance to speak, Mystie returns to eating her roast chicken. She decides to stick with the simple wine she started with, rather than experimenting with the mixes offered.

[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand: coins were
[/sblock]
[/section]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Since the gambling gnome has focused his attention on the woman with an astounding array of drinks and on Mystie Thissiledew Qalabash begins to turn away and head to the bar thinking that whatever the issue it is none of his concern. However, when Mystie waves him over he changes his mind and approaches the gnome's booth.

Qalabash slides into the booth and whispers to Mystie, "What is going on?"

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
--[/sblock]


. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
[section]
"Well, this guy here, Gimble Pimplepot had a story to sell; one worthy of adventure and treasure. So, I bought the story, calling his hand in the card game when he was out of money. He lost the pot, but he is now going to tell us the story. It has to be more interesting than 'Carry this box across town.' We made money on that. I placed a bet that we can earn more here this time."
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand: coins were
[/sblock]
[/section]
 

perrinmiller

Villager
~ 5:00pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~


The gnome looks a little sheepish at the woman's rambling on gambling. But he remains in good cheer despite losing and just chuckles when Mirra finishes, "Well, miss?... I am not one for figures and all that. You just lost me. But it all comes around and will win next time. I just know it."

Looking up at the new arrivals (including Jonas), he says, "You can certainly join us misters... ah, whoever you are. The fine lady here bought you the legend I have to share, she can let you hear it for free if she wants."

He smiles brightly and waves away the concerns from the sassy gnome. "Ah, milady. I assure you that I have no foolery at heart. There is a town north of here in the foothills. It is called Kingsholm. It will probably take you about fours days of walking to reach it. Prosperous town it is."

"Now they have this stature on a hill in the woods. It is made of stone and depicts a king. Yet now one knows his name or who he was. Obviously the town gets its name from there being a king, right? King's home, yeah?"

"Anyway, there is a graveyard there. The locals bury their dead and the important people get the honor of being put in the graveyard's mausoleum, the centerpiece of the graveyard. But that is not the legend. That is just what the locals know."

"That forgotten king was actually a mighty overlord that was a champion of good. He was supposed to have rallied humans to ally with the communities of the elves, dwarves, and halflings to fight off marauding raiders. He was proclaimed king because of his diplomacy and victories."

"He died prematurely and was buried under the graveyard with his treasures, weapons of great power, and his servants. I image the dead servants are not worth much. But the king had a mighty sword of adamantine that was forged in the heat of a volcano. That was said to have granted him mythical magic powers."
 

Systole

Community Supporter


The expression on Mirra's face is one of confusion. "Wait ... the treasure map you were offering was actually directions to a well-known historical site and local landmark? And the adventure that you were offering was graverobbing? I'm not sure I'm understanding all of this correctly." She turns to the others around the table for help.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person


Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Back from my "get-together," but still recovering :D. Managed to get a start on catching up on all of my posting, but I'm outta gas now. I'll get a post up for Jonas tomorrow sometime.[/sblock]
 

Piston Honda

Villager
9yc3.jpg

He had been casually listening in, and it sounded look an excursion with potential, but how to get in there. Then, The Navigator's ears perked up as he took a swig of his rum. The magic word. Treasure map.

A potential adventure and reward. Who better than he to find it? It was, of course, his job to get people to where they are going. He stood up and casually walked over to the table.

"Pardon me, friends. I couldn't help but hear mention of a treasure map. Allow me to introduce meself. Gavin Fellpool."

He gestured to add some flourish to the name. He liked it, but it needed some embellishment next time.

"I've spent some time as a ship's navigator, my familiarity with maps will certainly prove invaluable, so, I must insist upon my accompaniment."

He made his way into the booth.

"And one would presume this is more than a simple graverobbing excursion. Such a legend should surely have been heard by others before, others who likely never returned."

[sblock=Mini-stats]
The Navigator
HP 9/9
AC 14 (12 Touch/12 Flat Footed)
Initiative +2
CMB +1 CMD 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: 0 [/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager
~ 5:00pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~


The gnome shakes his head, "Miss, I never offered you a treasure map nor an adventure. I offered you a legend that held the location of valuable treasure. The legendary sword the king had was powerful indeed and likely worth a pile of gold that will completely cover your taller companion." he gestures to the half-orc.

"The treasure is not in the graveyard or the mausoleum. It is under it somehow. The villagers do not even know it exists as they have long forgotten the story of the king."

He looks thoughtful and rubs his beard covered chin, "However, it does make sense that the mausoleum holds the entrance to the forgotten tomb hidden in it."

"But, whatever your moral issues about the information I have sold you, they are not my concern,"
he shrugs.

[sblock=OOC]No worries, I sort of dragged Jonas along while you were off playing with your RL friends. :p[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas wanders over to the Gnome with the others and winces when he sees the Gnome select a booth for the telling of his story. He shrugs fatalistically and drags a chair over, places it just outside the little circle of folks gathered around the storyteller, and leans in just close enough that he can hear . . . not quite close enough that he's looming over the others.

His chair creaks ominously as he leans back after Gimble finishes. Jonas listens to the questions and admonitions of the Gnomes and to Gimble's response. "I suppose there's nothing forcing us to take this sword, presuming we actually find it. It sounds like a mystery to be solved, and it might be a good thing for the town - Kingshome? - to know about their history."
[/section]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]
 

Systole

Community Supporter


Mirra nods. "Oh, okay. That makes sense." She resumes tasting her drinks and then stops suddenly. "No, wait ... no it doesn't! What you said was that you were offering a legend, but what you implied was something like, 'Go here because there's free money.' Don't deny it, because I'm not easy to fool, and I'm quite sure that that was implied." She huffs, then stands and begins gathering her gear. "You know, I had thought that I could spend a while in Venza studying with the local Alchemists' Guild before resuming my travels, but now I feel obligated to go inform Kingsholm that all sorts of ... of ... of riff-raff might be showing up to plunder their local graveyard, because I suspect that you might have sold this information to any number of other people. Before I leave, I want to say that I think you're a quite naughty person, and also that you have very poor mathematical skills."

She settles her heavy backpack on her shoulders and gets ready to storm off.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person


Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
[section]
As the woman gets up to tattle on the story Mystie just bought, "Hey hey there. A weapon forged for the use of good? To have it locked away in the ground, doing no good is not what it was meant for. You want to put a name of grave robbing on it? Well, learned school folk would put a name of archeology on the search to find it. Is that a cleaner name for you? Will that satisfy your hoity-toity values?"

Turning back to Gimble, "Details, more details. What was the name of the overlord? How long ago was this that he reigned? Who were the raiders? What race were they? I mean if it was goblin raiders, that's one thing. If it were hill giants, that is a whole 'nother ball of wax. You said north. What road do we take? Once we are at the town, which way do we go out into the woods to get to the mausoleum? Which volcano? What powers? Do these powers belong to church folk or are they arcane in nature? I told you I want details." She smiles at the gnome trying to be polite, but her diligence in trying to get all the information is making her anxious.
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]
 

Systole

Community Supporter


"Well, if it's archaeology, that'd be okay, because that's only science. And if the village agrees, since it's their graveyard. But I don't approve of looting,"she says with a glare at Pimplepot. To Mystie she adds, "And it's not really clear that the sword itself is a force of good. I mean, all we know is that in the right hands, it was a force for good, but maybe they buried it because in the wrong hands it could cause everyone on the entire continent to grow a prehensile tail or something. Which wouldn't be so bad I suppose. Might even be kind of interesting, actually..." She trails off, momentarily lost in the possibilities. "Where was I? Oh, if you are planning to excavate for archaeological purposes, I'd like to come along. My family has been artisans of all sorts for generations, and our clan founder himself was a stonemason."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person


Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash is rubbing his chin and slowly shaking his head during the discussion. The look of skepticism on his face makes it obvious that Qalabash is less than pleased with the idea of digging in a graveyard or tunneling through a mausoleum in order to find this sword and agrees with Mirra, the alchemist.

"I don't know that this is wise," begins the magus. "Mystie, if the village gives their blessing, and you are confident you can placate any spirits who might be angered by our mucking about in their burial plots then I will consider going along to aid you. I am leery for numerous reasons and a convenient diddling about with semantics is not sufficient to convince me to ignore that voice in the back of my head telling me this is a bad idea. I ignored that voice on my last job and it almost got me an extended stay in an uncomfortable room in a Venzan prison."


. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas listens intently to the arguments on both sides. When the staff-wielder voices his reservations, the half-orc speaks up as well. "I suspect the locals won't be too happy with us digging into their mausoleum, either. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask. It may be that they'd like this bit of their history cleared up for them, so that they'll know for sure what's buried under their town. I say we go ask 'em.

"By the way, I'm Jonas. Just into town from the northern bit of the Seithr range. I wasn't really thinking of setting out again so soon, but this seems like a good thing to get involved in."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]I just realized I haven't updated Jonas' wiki sheet with his final purchases after spending the DMC to get him close to the others. I'll try to get that done sometime today.[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]
 

Piston Honda

Villager
9yc3.jpg

The Navigator looks about at the others. A slightly displeased look on his face.

"A wonderful idea, waltz in, say we would like to inspect your mausoleum for an ancient hidden treasure." He gestures exaggeratedly as he speaks. "All in the name of archaeology, of course, the greater good, all that. Then you get the joy of dealing with all the other rabble who learn of what's down there. Maybe you could leave them a nice little trail of bread crumbs, post something in there local tavern. Best case scenario, we're tripping over a bunch of aspiring spelunkers trying to find this sword, worst case, we get to go back in there looking for some local teenager who was accidentally decapitated by his friend who found the sword of the forgotten king."

He ceases gesturing and leans toward the gnome.

"Gimble, is this mausoleum away from prying eyes?"


[sblock=Mini-stats]
"Gavin Fellpool" / The Navigator
HP 9/9
AC 14 (12 Touch/12 Flat Footed)
Initiative +2
CMB +1 CMD 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: 0 [/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager
~ 5:01pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~


While Gimble is getting offended, the gnomish woman starts hammering him with questions. He sits back in the chair, arms crossed and lets you all discuss the issues and glares.

Finally able to get in a word edgewise he says indignantly. "Listen, I don't care what you do with the information. I thought you all were adventurers, my mistake."

"So sod take you all I care, lady whateverthefookyournameis. I did not sell the information to you."
He points at Mirra.

Looking at Mystie, "Mystie, is it? I don't know most of the answers to your questions. But I have not sold this legend to anyone else and pieced what I do know from several different sources, none of them in Kingsholm. Those folk are ignorant as far as I can tell. They use the mausoleum without even knowing it is there underneath."

"The events with the king happened centuries ago at least. Near as I could gather, the raiders were men or maybe orcs... or possibly both. No mention of giants. Don’t know his name either."


Perturbed, the gnome stands and says, "Kingholm lies north, just take the major trade road from the city and follow the signs or ask directions. Or buy yourselves a map, for all I care. Good luck."

He stomps off muttering about rude, crazy adventurers and gift horses.

[sblock=OOC]Umm, I am not really sure who decided to include Piston Honda in my adventure. But the polite thing to do is to at least ASK the DM beforehand. ;)

With limited openings, there are only two choices besides waiting around. But since Mowgli is privy to this game, he can decide if he would prefer to add another player for his group of three instead of playing with five in my dungeon crawl designed for four.

Either way, welcome to LPF, Piston Honda. We will get you into a game. :)[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top