A dungeon crawl adventure near a small town

DM: Perrinmiller
Judge: Jkason

Heroes:
Qalabash Baram (GlassEye) - 1st Level Human Magus
Mystie Thissiledew (Satin_Knights) - 1st Level Gnome Oracle
Jonas Psalter (Mowgli) - 1st Level Half-orc Inquisitor
Mirra Weathersmith (Systole) - 1st Level Aasimar Alchemist

[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 8 Nov 2013 (7 Nov for Calculations) & Ends 24 Apr 2014
Qalabash starts at 963xp; Leveled 2nd on 26 Dec 2013 (1306xp);
Mystie starts at 963xp; Leveled 2nd on 26 Dec 2013 (1306xp);
Jonas starts at 1050xp; Leveled 2nd on 13 Dec 2013 (1302xp); Leveled 3rd on 20 Apr 2014 (3310xp)
Mirra starts at 210xp; Leveled 2nd on 31 Dec 2013 (1418xp);

Enc1: 800XP (31 Dec 2013)
Enc2: 1400XP (28 Jan 2014)
Enc3: 200XP (19 Feb 2014)

Total = 600xp each[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Enc1: None
Enc2: 3 Mwk Comp shortbow(+2 Str) (1575gp) with 60 arrows (3gp) = 1578gp
Enc3: 2 Sapphires (1000gp)
Reward: 50gp Each

Total = 694.5gp each[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards]
BotFKFinal_zpsb2bd8698.jpg

DMC = 11.76
Qalabash receives 2252xp & 2297.5gp
Mystie receives 2252xp & 2297.5gp
Jonas receives 2320xp & 2386.5gp
Mirra receives 2232xp & 2272.5gp
[/Sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ on-line dice rollers for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Please use the exact BBCode link Invisible Castle provides. This requires an Account at Invis Castle to add. Notes section of the Dice Roll should list exactly what the roll is for and the target designated (ie. "Bite vs. Orc 4") in the block that is provided when you are logged in. Including any variable modifiers that make the bonuses different than normal such as flanking, Point Blank Shot, or Penalty for firing into Melee. This is a good example: Spiked Chain vs. Orc 4 (Kn Dev & -2/+4 PA) (1d20+11=12, 2d4+10=14)
I do not want to take the extra time to click any extra links during my updates.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level, generally you may do so immediately once combat is finished. Subject to DM approval if the timing is okay. Regardless the date of actual leveling will not change even if use of the new level is delayed in IC action.

* Leveling up mid-campaign: This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.

* Game Mechanics should be placed in a sblock, leaving only IC content/narration & a character avatar in the meat of a post.

* Do not quote another person's IC content in your post narration.

* Tactical Grids will be using Ditzie, the players will be updating their movements themselves in combat and posting up the new URLs. Whenever you post IC, include the latest map even if your character did not move. This way everyone knows you are done with it. There is no limit to the number times we can update the map. Instead of editing a map link (unless you are the last post), please post a new link if you update again.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Adventure Background

Kingsholm lies at the base of a series of rolling foothills. No one knows how long the community has existed; Ian Turbrand, the owner of the Coronet and Cabbage Inn, insists that someone from his family has run the hostelry for more than three hundred years. Kingsholm appears much like every other town in the land, with one exception—its graveyard.

Built on and in the nearby hills, the graveyard has existed for centuries. Some townsfolk believe the graveyard predates the community, and nearly all the people living in Kingsholm evince a particular pride in that fact. Prominent individuals who die in Kingsholm have the honor of being interred in the graveyard's mausoleum, the centerpiece of the graveyard. Kingsholm's guards—known as sentinels— patrol the graveyard almost as frequently as they patrol the community's streets.

The most notable feature of the graveyard actually lies a little over a mile north of the town, high up in the hills. There stands the statue of an ancient king. No one in Kingsholm knows who he was or why the statue was erected there, but the townsfolk live in awe of the monument. Indeed, while the common folk have no fear of their maintained graveyard, few venture up to visit the forgotten king.

THE TOWN OF KINGSHOLM
Kingholm is a rich and sleepy little town that benefits from trade with nearby dwarf clans and peaceful relations with baffling traders and gypsies. It has many trading houses and storage facilities for minerals and other commodities.
Kingsholm (Small Town): Conventional; Align: LG ;
Population: 1,732; Mixed (75% human, 11% dwarf, 7% halfling, 4% gnome, 3% other).
Base GP Value 1,500gp limit

Image on Door:
beholderroomdoor_zpsbf99efdb.jpg

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 5:00pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

The gnome slides into the booth and waits for you to sit down with him.

"Hello, there. I am Gimble Pimmplepot. And as you might have guessed, I am not a very good gambler."

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Eventually, Mirra finishes transferring her ten assorted drinking vessels to the booth. "I don't know why everyone thinks gambling is hard," Mirra says between trips. "It's all just a matter of calculating probabilities. Like that game where you have to match a card with a picture on it and a one card? If you pay attention to the distribution of cards that have been dealt, then it's easy to make a profit in situations where the remaining cards have a distribution that is advantageous to the player." She pauses thoughtfully. "I never understood why that gambling hall got so upset when I won all that money that time. I mean, if they didn't want people winning, why didn't they make a more mathematically robust game?"

She looks slightly embarrassed. "I'm sorry for rambling. I tend to do that. You said something about a legend? Oh, and I'm done sampling the longberry wine, the dirac tea, and both of the bitters, if anyone wants them. The Stura bitters are mostly zanthan flower extract, so they're excellent for anyone suffering from irregular bowel movements."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Well, hopefully you are a better storyteller. Details, we will need lots of details. The last guy I worked for left out a few details, very important ones. And well, it can be safely said that today was not a good day for him."

In order to give Gimble a chance to speak, Mystie returns to eating her roast chicken. She decides to stick with the simple wine she started with, rather than experimenting with the mixes offered.

[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand: coins were
[/sblock]
[/section]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Since the gambling gnome has focused his attention on the woman with an astounding array of drinks and on Mystie Thissiledew Qalabash begins to turn away and head to the bar thinking that whatever the issue it is none of his concern. However, when Mystie waves him over he changes his mind and approaches the gnome's booth.

Qalabash slides into the booth and whispers to Mystie, "What is going on?"

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
--[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Well, this guy here, Gimble Pimplepot had a story to sell; one worthy of adventure and treasure. So, I bought the story, calling his hand in the card game when he was out of money. He lost the pot, but he is now going to tell us the story. It has to be more interesting than 'Carry this box across town.' We made money on that. I placed a bet that we can earn more here this time."
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand: coins were
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 5:00pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

The gnome looks a little sheepish at the woman's rambling on gambling. But he remains in good cheer despite losing and just chuckles when Mirra finishes, "Well, miss?... I am not one for figures and all that. You just lost me. But it all comes around and will win next time. I just know it."

Looking up at the new arrivals (including Jonas), he says, "You can certainly join us misters... ah, whoever you are. The fine lady here bought you the legend I have to share, she can let you hear it for free if she wants."

He smiles brightly and waves away the concerns from the sassy gnome. "Ah, milady. I assure you that I have no foolery at heart. There is a town north of here in the foothills. It is called Kingsholm. It will probably take you about fours days of walking to reach it. Prosperous town it is."

"Now they have this stature on a hill in the woods. It is made of stone and depicts a king. Yet now one knows his name or who he was. Obviously the town gets its name from there being a king, right? King's home, yeah?"

"Anyway, there is a graveyard there. The locals bury their dead and the important people get the honor of being put in the graveyard's mausoleum, the centerpiece of the graveyard. But that is not the legend. That is just what the locals know."

"That forgotten king was actually a mighty overlord that was a champion of good. He was supposed to have rallied humans to ally with the communities of the elves, dwarves, and halflings to fight off marauding raiders. He was proclaimed king because of his diplomacy and victories."

"He died prematurely and was buried under the graveyard with his treasures, weapons of great power, and his servants. I image the dead servants are not worth much. But the king had a mighty sword of adamantine that was forged in the heat of a volcano. That was said to have granted him mythical magic powers."

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

The expression on Mirra's face is one of confusion. "Wait ... the treasure map you were offering was actually directions to a well-known historical site and local landmark? And the adventure that you were offering was graverobbing? I'm not sure I'm understanding all of this correctly." She turns to the others around the table for help.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Back from my "get-together," but still recovering :D. Managed to get a start on catching up on all of my posting, but I'm outta gas now. I'll get a post up for Jonas tomorrow sometime.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases