[LPF] Darkness Rising

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

As soon as the stalker comes into view Agno releases his arrow. Too soon as it turns out. The arrow flies wide clattering off the stone wall of the cavern.

"Pah! One would think the secrets of archery escape me, with a shot like that!"

The tengu shakes his head and considers how else he might assist in the battle beyond his archery.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Readied Action: Ranged attack: 1d20+6=10, 1d6+2=5.
Pretty sure that misses.[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 37/40 remaining x
10 arrows w/daybreak x
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
As the witch flies towards one edge of the room, a burst of energy floods the center of the room, punching a hole through the illusion to show the dark pit below.
Relios moves to the original edge of the room and shouts, "Damn fool! I told you not to take the easy way!"

Muttering to himself, "If Helerion sees me through this I swear I chastise Georgio for bringing me such fools."

Agno lets loose his arrow, but it skitters off the rock wall instead of hitting its target.

Blinded by the bright light, both of the creepers retreat into their end of the cavern. One bounces off the back wall instead of making a turn, while the other trips before getting to the bend in the cavern.

[sblock=Combat]Round 2
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Spellcraft (1d20+7=13) to ID burst missed
33/36 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows,
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (shoulder perch)
42/42 AC 13 Tonris ~ Spellcraft (1d20+13=20) to ID burst missed
20/21 AC 18Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand,
56/56 AC 23Tyrien ~ bow in hand ~ 39 daybreak arrows
,,3/19 AC 16 ~ Dark Creeper A ~ light blindness, retreated
19/19 AC 16 ~ Dark Creeper B ~ light blindness, retreated, tripped (blue) prone
[/sblock][sblock=map]
cavern4.png
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Keep firing!" Larissa urges. "Don't let them get oriented! If they warn the others, our mission will fail."

Larissa calls on the host again, channeling energy through herself. But she looks uncertainly at the hole before her and tests it with her foot before proceeding.

[sblock=ooc] Std: Channel energy. If it counts as a free action, she'll try her footing on the big, void space. Assuming that she finds it not solid, she will make her way around the rim as far as her footing extends. Would that be G8?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Larissa]The hole didn't heal. It is as if that part of the illusion was ripped away and destroyed. Moving south over difficult terrain gets you E6 F6 G7. At the edge of your light spell where it starts to dim, you see that the ledge of illusionary rock is going to be less than a foot wide. (needing an acrobatics roll)
From your angle, you see a third individual in exit corridor. This one is taller than the two and looks quite similar to the stalkers you fought in the woods.
[/sblock]Larissa brings forth the warmth of Lady Kamara again, but that does not heal the gaping hole in the center of the room. Testing a step, the hold feels real and would lead to a long fall. So instead, she changes course, where her footing is solid as she moves south around the pit.

Knowing he has to start proceeding, for the solidity of the bridge won't last long, Relios taps the ground before him at each step with his mace, as he crosses the smooth area. "Too narrow that way!"
[sblock=Combat]Round 2
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Spellcraft (1d20+7=13) to ID burst missed, channel (3d6=9) moved 15' to G7
33/36 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows,
20/21 AC 18Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand, carefully slow double move
19/19 AC 16 ~ Dark Creeper B ~ light blindness, retreated, tripped (blue) prone
[/sblock][sblock=map]
cavern5.png
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes. In general, if your name is in color in the Combat block, you can take an action. If it is greyed out, you have already used your actions for this round. Post 252 moved from round one to round two. The bad guys were blinded by the light and retreated blindly. So, the party is up again.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay, next question, are we allowed to roll our own spellcraft checks to see if we identify the magic effect or whatever it was that was shot through the illusion. Or are you going to force us to keep the roll that you rolled for us?[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]We are going to keep the rolls that I made.
a) Spellcraft to identify a spell as its being cast is a one shot without retry.
b) It is the same die roller whether you clicked the button or I did.
c) Turn around time is why I am making the rolls when it seems appropriate for Knowledge skills and gather information/sense motive/spellcraft. If I don't, and let you roll, it comes out as:
A) situation happens,
1-12 hours
B) you roll one die to get pertinent information, if you think to make the roll instead of just going ahead and acting
1-12 hours
C) I respond with the info
1-12 hours
D) You react to the info and make your post.
My method shaves 2-24 hours off of the game time. I am attempting to do these on the "you are entitled to an automatic (no action) check" skills. And, Yes, I make more rolls than I show. If you miss a Perception or Sense Motive check, and the situation is not obvious, I will not post the check as it is a clue to "stop, turn around and try that again." Those are "behind the GM screen" rolls.

Now, if you think there is a skill check I missed, by all means roll it and I will squeeze in the data you glean when I can. As it was, Tonris automatically failed the DC 30 to spot the trigger of upper part of the trap in the dim light that he had.

For this particular situation, Tonris *could* cast detect magic and study the residual auras for three rounds to find out what that spell was. That is not the best use of his resources in combat though. Spellcraft is easy for Tonris, as it is one of his specialties, and yet, this was a 'What the he77 was that!?' moment for him.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

"It would have been good to know what, hurrr... constitutes the easy way beforehand," mutters Agno.

The tengu shakes his head again in what seems to be resignation and begins muttering prayers to Issolatha. His eyes gleam momentarily and then he moves quickly and unimpeded across the rocky ground until he comes to an abrupt halt, presumably at the edge of the solid ground. He calls on Issolatha's power and it rolls outward from the tengu to solidify the illusion.

"Come, friends! Larissa! This way. Let me bring the ground beneath your, hurrr... feet! I can with greater ease, perform this task for your increasing speed!"

Agno continues jabbering on about how he has an easier time of traveling over inconstant ground so he will solidify the illusion so his companions can move more quickly over the trap to catch the stalkers.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Free: activate Agile Feet (ignores difficult terrain for one round)
Move: to -B9 or as far as he can get before needing a channel energy
Standard: channel energy to the environment to solidify the illusion

Ok. The idea is that Agno will use his channel energy, agile feet, and greater move to move quickly, keep the floor solid, and allow his companions to make double moves in order to cross the trap more quickly.[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 37/40 remaining x
10 arrows w/daybreak x
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 3/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"I didn't know it would do that! I followed the ancient scriptures. They got me out." Relios is getting flustered.
[sblock=Combat] Still Round 2
Made it to -B8 is solid, -B9 half of the square is missing.

63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Spellcraft (1d20+7=13) to ID burst missed, channel (3d6=9) moved 15' to G7
33/36 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows, moved quickly to -B8, channeled
20/21 AC 18Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand, carefully slow double move
19/19 AC 16 ~ Dark Creeper B ~ light blindness, retreated, tripped (blue) prone[/sblock][sblock=map]
cavern6.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads