[LPF] Darkness Rising

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien steps forward to her right and her hands continue to blur with nocking arrows, the first two at the same time (one normal, one daybreak) uninjured one with the least cover. With both shafts talking the blinded creature in the chest, she follows along with another and the foe drops.

Her last arrow goes wide and misses the Dark Stalker crouched down.

"Agno, keep going and stick with the others. I will keep on these. I think I can handle it."

[sblock=Actions]5ft Step to AC7, Activate Arcane Strike
Full Attack:1st Attack Many Shot Arrows on Red One (DA, AS, Rapid Shot) (1d20+13=30, 2d8+22=35)
2nd Attack Arrow on Red One (DA, AS, Rapid Shot) (1d20+13=30, 1d8+11=15)
3rd Attack Arrow on Orange One (DA, AS) (1d20+8=19, 1d8+11=13)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch) +4AC Cover, +1AC Prot Evil
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Protection from Evil +1AC
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (31/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]
OOC: DC, say "Good Night". I warned you I did not want to read another word about it. The Judges will discuss your fate in LPF.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Perrin, I wrote and posted that before I even read or recieved any kind of notification that I got a private message from you. You know there is always an easier way to get ahold of me than to go through the Private Messaging System, at least for you. And you know what it is. So I will not back down from that last statement I made. You can ban me from LPF, but do not think that a campaign ban, equates to a site ban. And do not think that I will quit posting on En'world because of a disagreement I had with one person on one game.

And just so you know, Satin is wrong in this case, at least according to the rules as written and based on his initial statement that Tonris and Tyrien were in DIM light and based on what the deeper darkness spell does.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

Agno nods at Tyrien's instruction.

"Come along quickly as you can," he calls back to the archer.

Agno is much more comfortable taking orders than thinking tactically on his own and so he starts across the open floor at a jog. Keeling, anticipating their destination and uncomfortable with the jostling and difficulty of maintaining his perch as Agno trots across the room launches himself into the air. The hawk flies ahead of the tengu and up the stair to land awkwardly on the steps just above where Larissa and Relios are.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Double move: to the stair. I think he can start up the staircase but not quite reach Relios and Larissa's position. Exact placement as you see fit, SK. Keeling also double moves to the stair and up as far as he is able to go.[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 28
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 36/40 remaining
8 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Tyrien pincushions another stalker, causing him to drop. Agno makes a dash across the room to the staircase while Keeling takes to wing to get their as a smoother journey. Tonris starts mumbling in the dark.

To the left, the energy of the arrows fades away, leaving part of the fog cloud in darkness. To the right, the remaining stalker gets a breath of courage, stands and attacks again. This time, the arrow strikes, but does not pierce Tyrien's armor.

Relios continues leading the parade of heroes up the staircase.

[sblock=start round three]Moving in the darkness DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed.
1/2 speed going up stairs.

All
BLESS +1 Attacks and Saves vs. Fear 4.5 minutes
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Bull's STR 4.6 min, +5 Stealth, move 30', Heroism,
28/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows,
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (shoulder perch)
42/42 AC 13+4cover Tonris ~
20/21 AC 18+4cover Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand, double moves up stairs, 1/2 speed because going uphill, effectively up one level and same place
56/56 AC 24+4cover Tyrien ~ bow in hand ~ 29 daybreak arrows, Prot f/Evil 4.5 min, +5 Stealth,

-7/39 AC 19 yellow dark stalker ~ unconscious
30/39 AC 19 green dark stalker ~ Fog Cloud if you are not within 5', mystery action (2d8+3=5) back in darkness
-11/39 AC 23 with cover red dark stalker ~ unconscious
27/39 AC 23 with cover orange dark stalker ~ Stood up, Dazzled attack on Tyrien (1d20+9-1=26) close but missed ~ dazzled
[/sblock][sblock=map]
citadel9.png
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien steps forward to her right once again her hands continue to blur with nocking arrows, the first two at the same time (one normal, one daybreak) trying to put down the one that shot back. That dark stalker falls back down and she puts another daybreak arrow into the previously fallen one, hoping to trigger an exploding stalker.

Her last arrow she shoots in to the fog cloud, wondering if she might get lucky. She did not see where it went.

"Another one down. We'll be following in a moment, Agno!"

"Tonris, I hope your spell will deal with the last one in the fog. Then make a break for the stairs. We are done here, I think."

At least Tyrien hopes they are done, there has been some flapping and no sign of the source

[sblock=Actions]5ft Step to AC8, Activate Arcane Strike
Standard Attack: 1st Attack Many Shot Arrows on Orange One (DA, AS, Rapid Shot) (1d20+13=31, 2d8+22=36)
2nd Attack Arrow on Red One (DA, AS, Rapid Shot) (1d20+13=25, 1d8+11=14)
3rd Attack Arrow on one in Fog Cloud (DA, AS) (1d20+8=17, 1d8+11=16)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch) +4AC Cover, +1AC Prot Evil
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Protection from Evil +1AC
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (28/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]
OOC: I think Tonris was intending to summon monster into that Fog Cloud. I think that is a good idea for NPC'ing him. :)

Btw, Tyrien has not been shooting 4 Daybreak Arrows per round, only 3. Count in her mini-stats is accurate.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa can do nothing but continue pounding after Relios, grateful at least that the magic boots allow her to keep pace.

[sblock=ooc]Full move to follow Relios.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Tonris' confusion at the situation, with the lights strobing distracts him slightly. Losing concentration, where an "in my patron's name, I summon", he substitutes a "I summon my patron". Well, she wasn't very pleased with that, and is apparently not interested in attending this fight. In a popping of rush of air that leaves a brimstone stench left behind, the witch and his lizard disappear.

Tyrien's arrows hit their mark with surprising accuracy. Finishing off one of the stalkers on the right does indeed push it into its death throws, bursting into a ball of flame. This is enough to finish off the other helpless one next to him, causing it to burst into flame as well.

From Tyrien's vantage point, the light on the base of the stairs is able to dimly light the smooth bottom of the structure at the top of the stairs some ninety feet in the air.

[sblock=mid round three]
Moving in the darkness DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed.

All
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Bull's STR 4.6 min, +5 Stealth, move 30', Heroism, moved again, on second loop up
28/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows, on first loop up
18/18 AC 17 Keeling on first loop, standing on stair
42/42 AC 13+4cover Tonris ~ Exited, rather permanently.
20/21 AC 18+4cover Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand, double moves up stairs, 1/2 speed because going uphill, on second loop up
56/56 AC 24+4cover Tyrien ~ bow in hand ~ 28 daybreak arrows, Prot f/Evil 4.5 min, +5 Stealth,

-7/39 AC 19 yellow dark stalker ~ unconscious
30/39 AC 19 green dark stalker ~ Fog Cloud if you are not within 5', mystery action (2d8+3=5) back in darkness
-25/39 AC 23 with cover red dark stalker ~ unconscious -> Dead => explodes (3d6=15)
-24/39 AC 23 with cover orange dark stalker ~ Stood up, Dazzled attack on Tyrien (1d20+9-1=26) close but missed ~ dazzled -> unconscious -> dead --> explodes (3d6=12)[/sblock][sblock=map]
citadel10.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

Agno hurries to catch up with Larissa and Father Relios as they climb the stair. He pauses only long enough to situate Keeling on his perch.

"Father," calls Agno. "What is at the top of these, hurrr... stairs?"

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Continue up the stair.[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 28
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 36/40 remaining
8 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"A crystal vault!"

Tyrien is sure he has killed off three of the archers, but the fourth seems to have escaped into the darkness. The sound of flapping wings above has stopped, leaving and eerie silence.

Relios uses the wand again, this time placing the light upon his trusty mace. Afterwards, he continues on the long tiring climb.
[sblock=Status]Round 4: No attacks came this round.
Moving in the darkness DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed.

All
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Bull's STR 4.6 min, +5 Stealth, move 30', Heroism, moved again, on second loop up
28/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows, on second loop up
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (shoulder perch)
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand, cast daylight on mace, moves up stairs, 1/2 speed because going uphill, on third loop up
56/56 AC 24+4cover Tyrien ~ bow in hand ~ 28 daybreak arrows, Prot f/Evil 4.5 min, +5 Stealth,

-8/39 AC 19 yellow dark stalker ~ unconscious
30/39 AC 19 green dark stalker ~ back in darkness
-25/39 AC 23 with cover red dark stalker ~ dead
-24/39 AC 23 with cover orange dark stalker ~ dead
[/sblock][sblock=same map]
citadel10.png
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa looks at Tonris' disappearance with alarm, grateful that her Lady is more forgiving. But the rustle of wings above them gives her pause.

Moving as quickly as she dares on the rail-less stairway, she pushes past Father Relios as he pauses to use the wand. "Keep behind me, Father, the creature may be blocking our way." she advises. "Agno, bring up the rear."

[sblock=ooc]Full move up the steps, moving ahead of Father Relios[/sblock]

Remove ads